SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rural peeps what is this
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rural peeps what is this Login/Join 
posted
I am fairly new to the rural life and I have never seen this item in my life. The only place I see them is on one certain road that I rarely take.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There's triple decker cake under that.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
An IED Eek

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16528 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told that there could be atmospheric / weather instruments under that cover.

What kind was not known.

Ages ago a nearby farmer would visit it on a regular basis and log data on a clip board.
Then
Call the data in.

I would have thought by now
They would be able to
Use telemetry to convey the information

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Room service, phase two outdoor dinning.

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moonshine Early Warning System

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I think someone left the cake out in the rain.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
How about underground phone lines access point for techs?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
There's triple decker cake under that.....
That must be it. Some good guesses but this isn't the only one. They are spaced maybe 300 feet apart and probably 10 of them along the same road. Very weird.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Do you live near Area 51?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
Temperature sensors should be covered but ventilated, putting a pressure cooker over top of any environmental sensors makes no sense.

Based on the field next to it I’m guessing it’s related to a dry hydrant type watering system. The farm behind me has a similar system; large water sprayers can be hooked up and system is then pressurized. The connectors are covered to prevent muck and stuff getting into the system, but I’ve never seen one like that. That one looks um, custom. Like, I have a broken piping cover and a canner I don’t use type of custom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Monitor for Graboids in the area.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
That must be it. Some good guesses but this isn't the only one. They are spaced maybe 300 feet apart and probably 10 of them along the same road. Very weird.

Oh man, that's a lot of cake!

Mmm... cake.

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Community Collard Greens in a special Pressure Cooker. Help yourself.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
AC 5312 Series of 12-Slot T1 Apparatus Case:

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

I don't think that I can take it.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Because it took so long to bake it?

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
quote:
quote:

And I'll never have that recipe again

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8119 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
quote:
quote:

And I'll never have that recipe again

Oooh, nooo! oh oh no no!!

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16528 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Oh man, that's a lot of cake!

Mmm... cake.

Be very careful about the cake as we have a cake with a strange design that shows up from time to time ......... definitely not a desirable design. Pickle Rick!!!!

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post