SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thoughts on Brian Kilmeade and Lindsey Graham
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Brian Kilmeade and Lindsey Graham Login/Join 
posted
Not tying these two individuals together in any way, just personal observations on both of them -

Much of the time when I'm flipping between Mike Gallagher's radio show and Brian Kilmeade's, I'm surprised at how often I disagree with Kilmeade on his analysis, commentary, or conclusions, as he claims to be a conservative. Is he a Never-Trumper? I know that, on occasion, Kilmeade has stood in for Tucker Carlson on Carlson's show when he's out and that's one of the reasons why I ask and question myself for questioning Kilmeade's commitment to conservatism.

As for Lindsey Graham, I applaud him for the times he has stood up for justice and conservative values but I can't help but feel he's not being genuine. Time and again (and considering his past stances before Trump became president) I've seen or heard him make comments that harken back to his pre-Trump days which makes me wonder how thin his conservative veneer is, and how little it will take to remove it.

Is my thinking off on these two?

Posts: 5030 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't pay attention to Kilmeade. But Graham is a slimy, greasy politician (but I repeat myself) who will say anything that benefits himself. The fact that he sometimes happens to say things that we are aligned with and like doesn't change that.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Graham is your run of the mill politician. Just the other day he says the impeachment is ok if you show him the evidence. No push back. Like most chicken shit politicians, he knows that someday Trump will not be Pres any more. So the less he offends his lib buddies, the better his chances of getting a job when GOP is out of power. I thought he might do us some good, but he is marginal at best. I think most of these Rhinos are playing the long-term Washington job game, not team players.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Graham is self-serving. Whomever he thinks is on top, whomever he thinks will be the winner in any confrontation, he clings to them like the little bitch he is.

The cock he wants up his ass changes from day to day.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
A while back I sent Graham (who is my representative by the way) two emails asking him to not vote on two gun control bills. I got two replies back; the first form email said he supported the 2nd amendment and would oppose any proposed gun control laws... then next day I got another 'form' email saying he was supporting the 2nd proposed gun control law.... I sent a reply to these pointing out that he was a mega-hypocrite. that's the last communication I ever got from him, I'm afraid I might be on another list now.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed two of the history books Kilmeade has co-authored. I do not pay any attention to him on TV because I have not watched Fox (or any network) news since 2012.

My opinion of Graham is the same as what others have expressed.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
No real thoughts of negativity on Kilmeade here.
His history books are interesting.
I have seen Graham improve immensely, IMO.
If you want to further psychoanalyze then feel free to do so.
Out.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes, he's improved immensely. He went from "If Trump gets the nomination, he'll looooooooooose", to supporting President Trump when it serves little Lindsey to do so. Same ass, different cock.

Hell, the other day when Graham was announcing the resolution he introduced regarding impeachment, he was slamming the President for calling the Mueller invetigation a witch hunt, which it Goddamned well was and that's all it was. So, fuck Lindsey. That is, if he'll get whoever's in there already out of the way.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, yes, he's improved immensely. He went from "If Trump gets the nomination, he'll looooooooooose", to supporting President Trump when it serves little Lindsey to do so. Same ass, different cock.

Hell, the other day when Graham was announcing the resolution he introduced regarding impeachment, he was slamming the President for calling the Mueller invetigation a witch hunt, which it Goddamned well was and that's all it was. So, fuck Lindsey. That is, if he'll get whoever's in there already out of the way.

Well at least he is supporting him now for the most part, who cares about the reason?
I think McCain was pulling hard on his strings and now with him gone he is much more reasonable.
It could be worse and he could have gone in the John McCain direction. Frown
I's not a fan but it is just my "thought" as put it in the OP.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Yep. Here is Graham:

Checking to see which way the wind is blowing before making a statement. I'm glad he's with us when he is, but have zero illusions that he has a single actual principle he would stand firm on. He is for whatever he thinks is popular that can help him stay in power. Period.

No idea on Kilmeade. I've seen clips and pics of him, but I cut all cable and network news out in 2005, so I don't follow him enough to know anything about him.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Graham sure stepped up and gave the Dems hell during the Kavanaugh hearing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Kilmeade is a lightweight wishy washy "conservative".

Graham - at least we have Gorsuch and Kavanaugh in SCOTUS. Hopefully, one more, soon. Those are huge.

Q

Posts: 27613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Some people talk out of both sides of their mouths. Graham has several mouths that he talks out of both sides of. And every one of them is bullshitting.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you only support politicians who are genuine, you're not going to have too many to support.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
??

What in the world does that mean? We must support corrupt politicians because they are all we have. . Eek

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Graham has made a career out of being a politician. Enough said!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1731 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I listen to Kilmeade nearly daily and don't agree with him on everything. For the most part, he supports President Trump. He's a pretty independent thinker and he's far from a never-Trumper. He supports the military and he wishes President Trump would be more "presidential" but doesn't get hung up on it.

He doesn't understand President Trump like Rush does. He was/is in lock-step with all the critics for pulling out of Syria and thinks it's President Trump's single biggest mistake.

On the other hand, Kilmeade is very quick to criticize all the democratic candidates and other pundits from other networks as hypocrites. He thinks the impeachment inquiry is a sham as well.

I can tolerate Brian Kilemade much more than Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity is a broken record and repeats himself on a daily basis. He's interesting and enlightening if it's your first time listening to him, but after the third time, you realize he's repeating the same stuff for three years. Kilmeade is my warm-up for the Rush Hours. By the time I'm done with Rush, I'm burnt out for the day and have no patience for Hannity and can't stand Levin's nasal voice and ranting/screaming.

I'd say Brian Kilmeade shares about 75% to 85% of the views that the membership here does.

As for Lindsey Grahamnesty, He flip-flops and while he stands up for us, I'm nowhere near confident that he's loyal.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best description I have ever heard of Lindsey Graham:

"He's a two-year Republican and a four-year Democrat in a six-year Senate seat."

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I always thought of lg as the other guy that croaked a year or so ago. can't remember his name. they were one in the same. i don't follow any of them. I do support our President.

i have no clue who the the other one is.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19769 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post