SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do in Nashville tomorrow night?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Nashville tomorrow night? Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
Howdy all,

I'm going to be doing an overnight right outside of Nashville, TN tomorrow. I'll have to Uber into the city from south of the city. I'm a fan of rock n roll, good steak, good bourbon/scotch, good beer.

Hoping to be in before 6pm, will have to leave at a reasonable time in the morning. What do y'all recommend I do or see in town?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5543 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Live rock music tomorrow night is gonna be tough. You could scalp a ticket (both are sold out) for Depeche Mode at the Ascend Amphitheater or The Time Jumpers at 3rd & Lindsley. Not sure either are really "Rock 'n Roll" though.

Other music options would certainly include hitting the honky tonks (Country music) on lower Broadway (between 2nd avenue and 5th avenue) - Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is the most famous honky tonk. Lower Broadway is home to several live music venues, again mostly country, as well as restaurants (not really any great restaurants there though), and shops to buy souvenirs, western boots, etc.

For one of the best Bourbon/Scotch selections, try Whiskey Kitchen, off Broadway at 12th Avenue South. If you can get a reservation, Kayne Prime is about a block away from Whiskey Kitchen, and has some of the best steak choices in town. Hops & Crafts is a couple of blocks away from Whiskey Kitchen, for a good beer selection. The Station Inn is not far from Hops & Crafts, and is a live music bluegrass bar.

When you say 'south of the city', do you mean Murfreesboro area or Brentwood/Franklin area? There may be some good food/drink options for those areas that could be recommended if you don't want to travel all the way into Nashville.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you just missed the Americana Festival

was all last week, definitely some amazing musicians performing all over the city.

A good friend played with Emmylou and Kasey Chambers Friday night

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If it's still there, the Flying Saucer used to have a broad selection of beer and at times
Live music.

Posts: 6048 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Acme Feed & Seed for food and music.

http://theacmenashville.com/calendar/

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Beer Sellar has a wall of taps downtown. The war memorial museum is a great place to go. It was free.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
There is not a bad seat in the house at Ascend Amphitheater, it has supposedly the best sound system of any Amphitheater in the world!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I will be staying between Franklin and Brentwood, but had plans to Uber into the city to check out downtown. Thank you all for the recommendations, please keep them coming!

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5543 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Ah, so you're staying in the Cool Springs area. If you want to do dinner in that area:

Steak Houses:
Cork and Cow (Franklin)
Connor's (Cool Springs) - It's a chain, but pretty good.
Sperry's (Cool Springs) - Local Steakhouse with 2 locations - Nashville and Cool Springs

Beer:
Mantra Artisan Ales (call to see if Taproom is open)
Cool Springs Brewery

But, since the weather is so good, I would concur that a trip into downtown Nashville would be worth it to see lower Broadway, Ryman Auditorium (home of the original Grand Ole Opry - at 5th and Broadway), and do dinner and drinks somewhere.

And I forgot to mention earlier, but Rudy's Jazz Room is about 8-9 blocks from Whiskey Kitchen, walking toward The Gulch, which is an area full of restaurants and bars. On the way to Rudy's, you'll pass Yazoo Brewery - very good local beer producer, and you can drink in their Taproom. And Rudy's Jazz Club is only a few blocks from Mercy Lounge that has live music pretty much every night - tonight is an Indie/Punk Rock band.

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been in a while, but I've always enjoyed Merchants.

http://www.merchantsrestaurant.com/

Best to have reservations.

Enjoy your trip.

Posts: 2107 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Once you find your steak, you'll need to balance out your yin/yang meat karma by eating some yardbird. I highly recommend Hattie B's.

You're welcome.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
So, where'd you end up Rob?