SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife wants me to find her some good Bluetooth earbuds
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife wants me to find her some good Bluetooth earbuds Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
I found a thread here from, probably, last August. I was wondering if any of ya'll know the difference from Samsung Galaxy Buds to Buds2? It is implied that they are 'better' but I really can't tell, especially from the Samsung website. Smaller and lighter I guess.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
No experience with those. If she's active and looking for music, I recommend these Jaybirds. Otherwise, I like my iPod Pros for around the house, and talking on the phone.

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
We are a Cleer Audio family. Great technology and excellent sound. https://cleeraudio.com

I have a set of Flow headphones. My son has Ally plus earbuds. My wife has Goal earbuds.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jaybird makes some pretty great sounding products. I use the Apple AirPods Pro and I am quite happy with them. You can usually get them at Costco for $20 off and if you buy the, at Costco you get two years of AppleCare for free. Covers loss or replacement if they start to have issues.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4027 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
If iPhone then airpods. Others may work, but airpods delight.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Airpods work well, both original and Pro, dep on the in ear preference, but I also have had success with Anker Soundcore

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093SL1W2H

Very good sound, very good noise canceling. The only drawback is that I have not been able to have a Facetime call on my ipad using them..stupid apple wont connect. Works fine for listening to videos on ipad and calls or vids on iPhone. I think its an Apple being Apple thing not a defect in the product.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had these for a year and really like them a lot. They stay on, especially when running, unlike ear buds. Also, you can block outside noise by just using ear plugs, which makes them great for mowing the lawn.

https://www.amazon.com/Shokz-O...-reviews_feature_div

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5164 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mine are Mpow Mdots good in ear retention & some passive noise cancellation from the 'bud' shape sealing into the ear a bit.

Work great under a motorcycle helmet & really cut down on wind noise.

Mostly they're used for grocery store runs & yard work.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
I’ve had these for a year and really like them a lot. They stay on, especially when running, unlike ear buds. Also, you can block outside noise by just using ear plugs, which makes them great for mowing the lawn.

I'm another one that hasn't found any earbuds that tick all the boxes, or even most of them and like a slightly different model.
The nice thing(s) is that they don't actually block your ear and I suspect the potential of hearing damage, have great battery life, and interface well with my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/AfterSh...phones/dp/B07RRQ59JR

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My wife specifically asked for some cheap earbuds that work well but she won't lose $300 on if she loses (recurring theme there).

After watching and reading a couple reviews I found an under $50 airpod knockoff that I have on the way for her: https://www.moweek.com/h-produ....html?goods_id=13601

Should be here soon, if they work as reviewed I think we will both be happy-until I have to order more because she lost 'em. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:

I'm another one that hasn't found any earbuds that tick all the boxes, or even most of them and like a different slightly different model.
The nice thing(s) is that they don't actually block your ear and I suspect the potential of hearing damage, have great battery life, and interface well with my phone.

https://www.amazon.com/AfterSh...phones/dp/B07RRQ59JR

Yes, I have that one that you posted, not the one I posted. Well worth the extra money. I got mine at Sam’s for a bit less. And you’re right about the great battery life.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5164 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Bought my wife the AirPods Pro's, very very happy with them. Kind of a cry once kind of thing, but what price marital bliss?

Posts: 6487 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my sony ear buds. MX1000 or something like that.

Posts: 21 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Pricy, but excellent performance from AirPod Pros, or Beats Fit Pro (an Apple Company)

The current version of AirPod pros are discounted some as new Gen2 is due for release Sept or there abouts.

If you want less expensive, then maybe Raycon. Not near the sound quality and features of the top end buds, but for listening to podcasts and spoken word even the cheapest model is fine. Not a good choice for audiophiles though.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Samsung's top of the line ear buds. They are good. The noise reduction is good and I find them comfortable. The sound, for music, isn't great but it is as good as other mass market earbud. This doesn't mean the sound is bad, but I am more used to in-ears and headphones made for music specifically - hi-fi stuff. They aren't that. But for phone calls and casual listening, they are fine.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have the AirPods Pro from Costco, so far the best yet, they don't fail to connect, which some of the others would do, have to be deleted, reattached a PIA.

Beats would be second on the list.

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have what I guess is Samsungs base model or outdated SM-R175 earbuds. I didn't like them at first because of the sound but I found an EQ in the buds app and an EQ in my music app and the sound is great now. Long play time and they don't get wet from sweat and conk out like all my other ones do. They are made by AKG

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung...arbuds/dp/B085RPGGNL

Posts: 5333 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I use the Galaxy Pro's but they are sometimes hard to keep in for me.
This may just be me on the fit but they sound pretty dang good.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gal..._sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_11

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I took a chance on these Klipsch buds --

Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Sport Bluetooth Earphones

Supposedly marked down from $199 to $65.

I just got them and haven't had any time to play with them. Based on impressive packaging and included incidentals, I have high hopes. Seems like a lot of product for $65, I hope so. Pretty good reviews on Amazon and ebay.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RE: losing them.

According to the WSJ a while back, the 'cool kids' apparently are going corded ...
quote:
...corded headphones can be perceived as the laissez-faire antidote to optimized, geeky corporate culture.
The person ... who automatically updates to the latest iPhone, the latest operating system, and yes, the latest AirPods with the “spatial audio” is perhaps too conformist to be perceived as truly cool.

Side benefits - they are less likely to get knocked loose; if lost, they are a bit easier to hunt up; and if unfindable, probably cheaper to replace.

Get her what she wants, of course, but you could point her at this info to see if the easier-to-find-and-cheaper-when-lost corded approach might work for her.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post