SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a new Norelco shaver for the first time in 28 years.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new Norelco shaver for the first time in 28 years. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I just shaved with the arc5. I used shave gel and got the best shave I’ve had in a long time! Wow!

I took my time, obviously and the power is now at 90%. I figure that’s probably about right. I’m sure I’ll get faster as I use it. I appreciate all the info here. I didn’t realize I needed to change things up until I saw this thread. Once again, my Sigforum family comes through helping improve things I didn’t even know needed improving or how to go about it.

If your stubble is 3/16'ths or longer trim it down with the trimmer on the back.

Then when you are shaving go slow, pull the skin taught. I end up going up down left, right and diagonal to get everything. My normal shave is about 2:30 and seems to be my average time.

I don't use mine wet much or with gel I find it works better on my style of scraggle dry and not wet.

Pull the top off and rinse foils and blades, then put in cleaner. I know folks don't like the cleaner, but damn if it doesn't make a significant difference.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I go all directions too. In the past I have tried an electric shave dry but I found using this shaved with gel gives me an exceptional shave. When you say cleaner, do you mean just hand soap like the instructions say or something different? I do not have the cleaning station.

I have been using the razor sonic cleaning mode while rinsing it after I’m done. It looks spotless when I’m done.
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I just shaved with the arc5. I used shave gel and got the best shave I’ve had in a long time! Wow!

I took my time, obviously and the power is now at 90%. I figure that’s probably about right. I’m sure I’ll get faster as I use it. I appreciate all the info here. I didn’t realize I needed to change things up until I saw this thread. Once again, my Sigforum family comes through helping improve things I didn’t even know needed improving or how to go about it.

If your stubble is 3/16'ths or longer trim it down with the trimmer on the back.

Then when you are shaving go slow, pull the skin taught. I end up going up down left, right and diagonal to get everything. My normal shave is about 2:30 and seems to be my average time.

I don't use mine wet much or with gel I find it works better on my style of scraggle dry and not wet.

Pull the top off and rinse foils and blades, then put in cleaner. I know folks don't like the cleaner, but damn if it doesn't make a significant difference.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I bought a Panasonic Ace3 shaver and the charger red light comes when placed in the charger. After 1 1/2 days in the charger, the red light is still on. Is this normal?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
41, I don't have an Ace 3 shaver but do have an Arc 5 Panasonic razor. I plugged the charge cord in, no charge/cleaning station, red light came on continuous and it went from blinking 70% to 80% to 90% then continued blinking in the blue display at 100%. Eventually it stopped blinking completely and the blue circle indicator of charge and the red display of the cord connection both went off simultaneously. This was now at full charge.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
41, I don't have an Ace 3 shaver but do have an Arc 5 Panasonic razor. I plugged the charge cord in, don't have charge/cleaning station, red light came on continuous and it went from blinking blue circle 70% to 80% to 90% then continued blinking in the blue display at 100%. Eventually it stopped blinking completely and the blue circle indicator of charge and the red display of the cord connection both went off simultaneously. This was now at full charge.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Thanks
It doesn't say any thing about full charge indications in the instructions so I will leave it plugged in and see what happens with the red light.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benner, a cup with warm tap water and some hand soap would work. let it run for a minute or two. pop the top off and rinse and let air dry.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Update on the Norelco SP9820/87. I'm quite pleased with the shave. Use about 3% of battery per shave, so those are fine. Still not enthused about the pop on pop off of the shaving head, but we'll tell more about the longevity of the design over time.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post