SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sinema switches to independent, shaking up the Senate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sinema switches to independent, shaking up the Senate Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by cobre sig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
This is not political courage… This is political fear of being primaried by someone more progressive (D) in less than two years from now.

If she runs is an (I) independent, she has a much better chance of keeping her seat/job.

Plain and simple.

You are correct. The word is they were going to run Gallegos against her. Yes, he would have beaten her in the primary. I believe we have more independents than Republicans or Democrats. This is a good move on her part. If the Republicans nominate the right candidate, not a Trumper, we could get this seat back. Unfortunately I never underestimate the ability of the Republicans to snatch defeat in the jaws of victory.

Curious here … Do you think Kari Lake was not elected in AZ because she was endorsed by Trump?

I do believe so, same with Masters. Youngkin showed us how to win AZ, he had a great strategy of getting the suburban women to support him.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The AZ election was a clusterfuck, and ONLY in the big swing county with most of the Democrats. It should be set aside and another election held. Was it deliberate or incompetence? Hard to prove anything without an investigation, discovery, depositions, trial, etc. But the fact that the big swing country run by democrats was the only one that had massive problems does imply something.

I think the Lame Stream Media and Big Tech have been somewhat successful in marginalizing Trump and his candidates. No matter how much of a "free thinker" you are, if you watch big 3 network news, CNN, or read just about any major newspaper except NY Post and Washington Times, and participate on social media, you are bombarded with Anti-Trump messaging.

I don't think this convinces people Trump did or is as bad what they accuse, but it causes FATIGUE and the feeling that they just don't want to hear about it anymore.

Now, all we need is for Manchin to leave the Dems and we are in good shape. Start calling him, writing letters, etc. His state is quite red so they will probably be happy if he becomes a Republican. Right now he is underwater due to voting for the "stimulus" that caused rampant inflation.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post