SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of my favorite taser videos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of my favorite taser videos Login/Join 
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
The good'ole days of taser use. Since the 9th Circuit ruling most of us have turned them in.

We haven't, and won't, be turning them in, but we sure as heck go through a lot fewer cartridges than we did a few years back.

I always feel like an idiot when I explain in use of force classes that our policy, as dictated by the 9th, says we should strive to go to the sticks before the Taser. Crazy.

Posts: 6445 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to have my PR-24 back. I hate an ASP.

I tasted at least 10 in the early years of my career. Was present for another 10+. Was a taser instructor, guess I still am technically, but here it just means I clean/update/maintain the ones for my division.

I haven't even seen a tase in over 2 years.

I'm nursing a rebroken toe and a scratched up arm from some dummy we arrested yesterday for assaulting his mother. It took 7 of us, I was first in.

Tasers are a good tool. Fighting people is stupid. I don't mind it, personally, but people stand back and behave better if they know they might get tased. They know we're not gonna shoot them. That's what was so great about the taser. Now it's in the same boat.

If we've got to fight them, at least give us our PRs back. You pull them out and shake it around a bit, and people change their tune.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Kudos to the officer for going to the taser first. If somebody had jumped out and raised an arm at me, with no better view than the video gave, I'm not sure I wouldn't have gone gun first.

Scary stuff.

Funny stuff.

After there's clearly no gun, it's just funny.

Posts: 10806 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
The good'ole days of taser use. Since the 9th Circuit ruling most of us have turned them in.

What foolishness was this from the ninth?

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I was a little surprised when the driver was hit with a TASER so quickly, but it was a good reminder that law enforcement use of force policies aren’t all the same. What could result in an officer’s getting suspended, fired, or brought up on criminal charges by the DA along with public protests and irate news reports in some locations will be nothing more than, “Eh, so what? Don’t be an ass,” in others. Like it or not, it behooves all of us to keep that in mind when getting into confrontations with the police.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

I tasted at least 10 in the early years of my career. Was present for another 10+. Was a taser instructor, guess I still am technically, but here it just means I clean/update/maintain the ones for my division.

I'm nursing a rebroken toe and a scratched up arm from some dummy we arrested yesterday for assaulting his mother. It took 7 of us, I was first in.

Tasers are a good tool. Fighting people is stupid. I don't mind it, personally, but people stand back and behave better if they know they might get tased. They know we're not gonna shoot them. That's what was so great about the taser. Now it's in the same boat.

If we've got to fight them, at least give us our PRs back. You pull them out and shake it around a bit, and people change their tune.

I started with a hickory stick and sap.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Alpha male strut... alpha male strut... zap!... sack of potatoes. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

I started with a hickory stick and sap.

Ahhh the good old days....

We used the shampoo when I was int he service..always worked! Then the little ASP was introduced...it's less than helpful, good for propping doors open...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Love it! I bet he learned his lesson real fast.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Edison medicine: the stupidity cure-all.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
It's too bad nobody rented that billboard in the background.

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
He's not dead. He should pray to his gods.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Some people don't learn.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I believe the video above and hundreds if not thousands others like it are why the use of taser has been hamstrung. When I was trained it was cuff under power while they're on the ride. If a second deployment is needed to finish the job due to their noncompliance good to go.

"Put your hands behind your back or you'll get it again" was not in any training or refresher. Years of not using the tool properly and liberal as hell courts have brought us here. It's primarily a control device, not meant for pain compliance.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
In the Austin area a non-cooperative 72 year old woman was tazed. It was pretty controversial. She did drop like a sack of potatoes.

There was another incident where a woman was bad-mouthing the officer so he tazed her. As soon as he let off the juice she went back to cussing him. This cycle repeated three or four times. I guess that it was supposed to be controversial but I thought that it was funny as heck.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down u go. Where do I get one?

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post