SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For all those working today and tomorrow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all those working today and tomorrow Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Working tonight and tomorrow night. Family is out of town. I'll be busy on shift but it always sucks a little bit.

For those working thank you for your sacrifice.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6358 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Worked at the pharmacy today. It was better than yesterday...

Appreciate you for the recognition. Smile

Posts: 11368 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Off today because this weekend landed on my scheduled rotation off, will be up at 4:30am for a 12 hr shift tomorrow (more than likely to be filled with domestic violence and custody disputes). Thankfully got in some good time with the family over the weekend. Merry Christmas and stay safe everybody!

Posts: 8705 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Gave grammy a new hip for christmas and one other minor case, and hopefully I get to spend the night under the covers!

I know I'm jinxing myself, but hopefully tomorrow is nice and quiet!

Thanks for being out there helping!

Posts: 1997 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s the first time I’ve been off on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in a long time
Im enjoying it with my Lil Bother and family in from Camp Pendleton

To all of you that are working today and tomorrow, please stay safe and find time to enjoy it with the family at sometime soon!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8372 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Special thanks going out to those that volunteered to work today and tomorrow so that others might be able to be able to spend time with their families during this holiday season .................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2031 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished my on call shift this morning, thankfully I didn’t get called in yesterday. My bride is working tomorrow so the younger workers with kids/ families can have the day

Posts: 3304 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I was at a fire station when a guy working the next shift walked in on Christmas Eve and asked “Who wants to go home?”
He didn’t have kids so he just felt it was right to work the rest of the shift for those that did.
He was a medic so there were two of us that qualified for his relief.
I told him Keith has kids - I don’t, so send him home.

That guy eventually promoted to Battalion Chief and for being such a great guy, I always held him in the highest regard. (Other BCs…not so much)
He never forgot what it was like on the trucks! More bosses/people like him are needed in EVERY job.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3777 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
To all those working Christmas eve and Christmas day,whatever you do,thank you.
When I lived in NJ years ago I never had a job that required me to work on those days however being a volunteer firefighter we were always on call.
One year we were called mutual aid to the next town over for a major working structure fire first thing in the morning and we were there all day.
The one and only other time I had to work was my first year I worked for Disney. That was back in 1999.
Once again for those who worked or are working this holiday season no matter what you do,thank you.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2581 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Not a big deal, because I personally enjoy working odd hours/days and holidays.

But, I do really appreciate those who are on duty during these times. Just a few days ago, my AT&T home internet and phone combo went out. They said the gateway went bad and shipped me new equipment. Got it over the weekend, hooked it up. Nothing. Tech support (from India, of course) tried to fixed it over the phone. Couldn't do it. So, they had the real tech person came out today and found the real culprit. It wasn't the gateway that was bad but their fiber cable outside the house that was messed up. Hooked up the new cable, and the problem was fixed. Didn't charge me, although it said a $99 trip charge might be assessed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26553 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post