SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can any one explain to me why a border wall is immoral?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can any one explain to me why a border wall is immoral? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I've heard Nancy P, and a number of other Dems say that building a wall would be immoral. I've yet to hear why it is immoral. I even did a Google search to see if she had stated her position and it just wasn't being broadcast in the news. I couldn't find any explanation of it's immorality.

Second question, if the wall is so immoral, why is she not proposing to tear down the wall in California? Her home state has the highest percentage of US border covered by a wall, heck the wall even goes in the ocean in CA.

Please point me to the justification of calling a barrier immoral, maybe it's out there and I'm not searching the right keywords, but I can't find a thing?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
It's immoral if you first assume that anyone has the right to enter the country for any reason.

Posts: 3663 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Sarcasm on) You make the mistake of assuming a logical explanation where logic does NOT exist.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It might deprive poor imigrants the right to vote democrat. Wink

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

As for calling our border wall immoral, nothing but a buzzword designed to score political points.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
We’ve allowed the crazies to force their will on us. The politicians we elected have no desire to fulfill their duty, they have no spine. Their concern is re-election.

President Trump stands tall against all the swamp creatures, no wonder they despise the man.

If the wall is not built, the invasion will be stopped through bloodshed, until the message is understood.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It might deprive poor imigrants the right to vote democrat. Wink

Dammit. Beat by 10 minutes.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

As for calling our border wall immoral, nothing but a buzzword designed to score political points.

Not only the Pope, but Obama and many other politicians, celebrities and "Important People" have tall walls around their "Compounds", but the American people don't deserve the same safety and security as these folks. Just like these same PoS's want to take and limit your firearms while they are protected and surrounded by heavily armed guards. Typical hypocrites that know what is best for us.....you know it's for our own good and if we can only save one life, and don't forget it's all for the children.
BUILD THE WALL NOW!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can any one explain to me why a border wall is immoral?

You KNOW we can't, nobody can. Eek

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
TRUMP! Isn’t that the go to reason for all these lefties.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2388 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Can any one explain to me why a border wall is immoral?

You KNOW we can't, nobody can. Eek

I should have phrased it better. I know it's not possible, but she has to have some justification for making such a strong statement. That's what I'm looking for.

Immoral isn't the same as saying it's a bad or costly idea, the word is extremely negative and means essentially evil. She must have some reason to make such a strong statement, and she must have at some point detailed her reasoning on the subject.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't ever heard a Dem give a logically consistent answer/reason for any position they hold so I am not holding out any hope that Pelosi has any kind of justification logical or not about why a wall is immoral.

Also, I think Pelosi has had so much botox injected into her melon she has basically petrified her brain. So getting any type of coherent explanations out of her would be a true effort of futility.

JMO

Ken

Posts: 1050 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Because the new kind of liberal only understands how they FEEL. Facts do not matter. If your facts interfere with their feelings they will insult you with a different feeling.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please point me to the justification of calling a barrier immoral, maybe it's out there and I'm not searching the right keywords, but I can't find a thing?

It’s a liberal thing. You won’t understand.

You see, a liberal calls something “immoral” all the sheep will nod knowingly, and agree. No, they don’t understand what the word means. So as it has been so shall it be.

No, asking for an explanation is sexist, racist, and something only a Trump supporter will do.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Diddja think about posting this question in HuffPo?

Posts: 13281 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Because the Dulles brothers used the CIA to impose banana colonialism on Guatamala. Also the US supported Samoza in Nic. And anti- communism in El Salvador. And we stole a lot of dirt from Panama and left a big ditch there.

Were it not for those things then those wretches would otherwise be filthy rich and would not be playing the guilt card to grift off of you, your kids, your grandkids and... on and on. Read The Shark and the Sardines.

That's my understanding of left-think.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orange man bad

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain why the left can rail against anything and call it immoral? These are the people that think its ok:

To mutilate genitals and call yourself the opposite sex (and tried to get the taxpayers to pay for it).

Let men into ladies restrooms because they identify as women.

Accept foreigners from distant lands customs of child abuse misogyny, sexual harassment and inequality.

Force people of faith to cater to customers with lifestyle choices that are in direct conflict with their religious beliefs.

Want to take away not only our Constitutional rights, but our rights as human beings to defend ourselves from the worlds savages.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

The list of moral abuses by the left is virtually endless. The opposition to a wall to protect our citizens is just one of them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's a strawman. Every thinking person knows that it's just another groundless objection in a never ending line of groundless objections.
To actually take them at their word and look into these objections is foolish.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Does a politician EVER have to explain what they say? Such gibberish is strictly for grabbing headlines, creating soundbites, to get a rise out of the audience. Such things are spewed forth for effect. There does not have to be any justification or grains of truth involved, and typically there isn't.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post