SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Smile ya'll need a break!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smile ya'll need a break! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.
In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,

'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair...!!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8394 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
That's good... Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the day I have had....I really appreciate this. Thanks for the great funny! Godspeed Downtown

Posts: 589 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bordeth:
After the day I have had....I really appreciate this. Thanks for the great funny! Godspeed Downtown

Same!!

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
That's funny. Thanks for sharing.

The older I get, the more I think that there are truly no real jokes.

I've seen enough that I think they're all based on a true story.

And that, my friends, is no joke. They're all true stories, from some time and place.

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Saw it earlier on Quora (web site).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post