SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    He beat Terminators, Predators and tons of Terrorists, But Arnold could not beat German customs.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He beat Terminators, Predators and tons of Terrorists, But Arnold could not beat German customs. Login/Join 
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted
I have had my own experiences with the ZOLL and even when you think you are following all the rules, they will still find something. Apparently Arnold did not declare a watch he brought with him.

Arnold detained at Customs

Posts: 3576 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hey Arnold!

Fuck your freedom!

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I tried reading about it and have reached my limit of interest. It seems a fews things tripped him up.

Normally, you can bring your own belongings for your personal use into the EU without a problem. However, it seems if the item’s value is more than 20,000 euros, you have to declare it, but no taxes or duty would be owed.
1. The watch was worth over 20,000 euros and he didn’t declare it.
2. Despite 1, admitting it was going to be auctioned off means it wasn’t for his personal use and taxes and duty would thus be owed.

Then there’s Germany which seems to have more restrictive criteria for what must be declared than the EU. Again he failed to declare the watch which should have been declared and he admitted he was not bringing it in for his personal use. Personal use would mean he’d bring it back out on leaving. You can’t bring gifts valued above a certain amount for people in Germany without paying the taxes or duty.

At least the Climate Nazi flew Lufthansa and not a private jet.

Posts: 11013 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
An example from my past. While I was living in Germany my mom sent me a package, every thing properly declared and marked. I receive a letter from ZOLL (customs) we have your package and you need to come in to see us. I am going like what the heck did you send me Mom. They hand me package which had been opened and searched with a form to sign affirming the item they removed.

Multivitamins (Verboten) amount of calcium was I think 10 percent higher than what was permitted in the EU.

Fortunately no fine.

Posts: 3576 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading the first part of the thread title my little heart started beating in anticipation. Could it possibly be true that Arnold finally took the dirt nap? Perhaps from liver disease from steroid use or something worse? Then I saw German customs and I came back to reality. Oh well.

Posts: 766 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
He’ll be back

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that mean that he is now on a watch list?

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Time will tell…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I second that.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15623 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
He should have just worn the watch on the plane. They'd have never asked him about it when going through the "nothing to declare" lane. I got asked once about a guitar I brought. I was bringing it to a friend in Germany, who was paying for it (way cheaper in the US than in Germany). The customs official just asked if it was going back home with me and I said yes. He didn't mark anything in my passport and so they didn't ask about it when I went back home sans guitar.

Posts: 3555 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^
I second that.

^^^

Now now, just wait a minute.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
^^^
I second that.

^^^

Now now, just wait a minute.

i think y'all are getting a little wound up

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This time, will be the last time, he’ll have a flight like this.

Next time, he’ll tick the boxes for items in excess of the regulated threshold. In the future, they’ll probably stop watching him.

Posts: 11013 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
These puns are absolutely fantas TICK

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well…timing is key. We could go on for hours.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me when I was repatriating back to USA in 1985, family spent two weeks in Hong Kong. Arrived in LA. custom agent did not like my new Rolex on my wrist.

Told him part of my personal household goods. He kept going on about owed duty. His supt came over, told him my family and I had been stationed overseas 10 years and returning. Passports would have confirmed this. He told his agent to let it go.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Well…timing is key. We could go on for hours.

Wouldn't we just be spinning in circles?

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Here's what he said to the customs agent:

[heavy-Arnold-accent] I was just in the country for a good time [/heavy-Arnold-accent]

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post