SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I have this Colt Brick
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I have this Colt Brick Login/Join 
posted
A brick from the Colt factory from when they tore it down.
Picked it up at a gunshot ages ago and it's just been sitting around gathering dust since then.

So last week we moved into a new house (from Maryland to West Virginia....yeehaa) and the entranceway into the basement needs a bit of repair.
Thinking of dismounting the brick from the wooden plaque and using it to repair one of the spots needing fixed.
Pull the plaque off the wood too and mount it on that brick.
Can't really believe the brick would be million dollar memorabilia one day.
And I think that it would be kind of cool to have a "Colt" brick built into my house.
What do you all think?

Posts: 372 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Seems like a good idea to me. As you say, unlikely to be of any value any time soon.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might be cool to have a custom fireplace mantle built with the brick in it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:

Pull the plaque off the wood too and mount it on that brick.

That plaque won't stand up to the sun and rain and everything else.

Posts: 34537 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'm the type that would go ahead and use the brick. Just to save me a trip to the store.

I can't think of anyone that would give more than $5 for it...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think you better find out first, some Colt collector want that brick a LOT more than you do.

If you use it in your wall it will get mixed in with the others and become just another brick.

Which it is.

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I think you better find out first, some Colt collector want that brick a LOT more than you do.

If you use it in your wall it will get mixed in with the others and become just another brick.

Which it is.

Yep choose heads or tails!!

Posts: 4445 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:...

But he could always write a song about it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
And I thought this was going to be another 1911 thread.... Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother in law is a HUGE farm tractor collector/rebuilder/fan. When I got him a brick from the original Allis-Chalmers engine/transmission plant building, I thought he was going to cry! If you're going to stay in your house, I say make that brick a part of your home! Pretty cool!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you use the brick, only you will know about it.

Unless you tell people about it. Which you could do without using the brick. Wink

I vote sell! Buy a bunch of bricks. Big Grin
A quick spin around the net shows $200-$250

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I'm the type that would go ahead and use the brick. Just to save me a trip to the store.

I can't think of anyone that would give more than $5 for it...

A brick just like it sold at an auction for $235, you can buy a lot of bricks at Home Depot for $235.

https://www.cowanauctions.com/...tford-factory-893045

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Save it save it! It is more than just a brick.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOH!
Never thought to look to see if it was actually worth something.
I'll hang on to this one and get some generic bricks for the wall.

Posts: 372 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think the white stuff on your brick is Sam Colts DNA. You might better preserve your piece of History.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
One just sold for $55 on that big auction site
Looks like it was In a Blue Colt cardboard boxes also, did yours have that too?
Auctions prices will probably be all over the place
I know Colt collectors at our local shows that would pay 100-150 and not blink, it has that magic word on it lol

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2935 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
That Colt brick is cool, I hope you keep it the way it is and display it in your "gun room", I know I would.

Also...welcome to West Virginia!

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'd either peel the brass off and epoxy it to the brick or have a duplicate made and then like someone else suggested; put in in the brick work over the fireplace.. but that's just me... I like fireplaces, been crawling in and out of them for over 37 years....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post