SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    mail order dehumidifier tale (score)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mail order dehumidifier tale (score) Login/Join 
posted
Bonnie ordered a dehumidifier on amazon, $169.00,
we opened it up and plugged it in.

after three hours , it was not working at all.

sent the company an email for return auth.
they said do not return it, and they credited
her charge acct. Eek

wow ! I thought.

gave it to my brother ,
he dismantled it , to find that the fan did not get connected to the power source,

he plugged it in and it runs great now.
woo hoo !

have you ever heard of such a thing in your whole life?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
have you ever heard of such a thing in your whole life?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have heard that some companies do this sort of thing. Good to know. Somehow got by the inspector on the line. It is probably cheaper for the company to do things that way.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Possibly connected but came loose during transport. I take the refund to mean the cost to ship it back was more than the cost to make it to begin with. We have had Amazon do similar.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yes, I ordered two recliners from an on line furniture dealer. Both recliners arrived, but were not exactly as listed. I contacted the company to return them. They said keep 'em and refunded my entire cost. Sold them and pocketed $450.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who ended up with two Stihl backpack blowers because Amazon double shipped. He tried to do the right thing but they told him to keep the extra one.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post