SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    72 year old Oklahoma woman and her snakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

72 year old Oklahoma woman and her snakes Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Her good snakes Big Grin Pic's at link:

A 72-year-old Oklahoma woman refused to let more than a dozen copperhead snakes slither under her home unchecked Friday, using a shotgun, shovel and rake handle to crush and blast the critters to death.

The woman, identified only as Mrs. Newby, was dubbed the "snake killer" after she was spotted with 11 dead reptiles on the ground, neighbor Susan Thompson wrote in a Facebook post.

"Mrs Newby killed 11 copperheads last night at her house ! She's a snake killer if you need help call her ! She is 72 years old!" Thompson wrote in the caption.

Mrs. Newby won't be letting any other serpents slither their way into her life, either. Thompson said her determined neighbor planned to "sit outside last night and wait for some more" snakes. As of Sunday, 17 snakes have been killed -- and there could be more.

Thompson later added that Mrs. Newby, who appeared smiling and waving in the photo, had used a shotgun, shovel and rake handle to kill the snakes.

"Oh my goodness !!! That is just crazy. !!!" one person commented.

"Bless her heart!" another person wrote.

"I know her it's been years since I've seen her but I used to keep her grand daughter Madelyn," a friend commented, to which Thompson replied, "yep, that's her then!"

Thompson later called Mrs. Newby an "awesome lady," adding that she "sure [does] love her."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...and-rake-handle.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Don't mess with Oklahoma Grannies !

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These old Okie ladies don't fool around, and aren't easily intimidated!! Go granny!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granny Vs. Snake War Story:
I was sent lights / siren to a residence after our dispatch office received an "open line" 911 call. Although no one had spoke to the dispatcher, she could hear screaming and what sounded like fighting going on inside the house.
After an epic high speed run to the house, I found an elderly woman standing on the front porch, next to an upright vacuum cleaner.
Investigation revealed that Granny's adult daughter had brought a bag of taters in from the garage and once in the house, a snake slithered out of the tater bag. Pandemonium ensued. In the frantic effort to escape the snake, the daughter collided with a table, breaking her toe. The daughter then gathered everyone in the home except Granny and fled the house.
After hearing this, I asked what happened to the snake. Granny pointed to the vacuum and told me she sucked the snake up with the vacuum cleaner. I thought this was not possible until I looked at the bag on the vacuum and it was wiggling!
I had to guard the vacuum until a cop from another jurisdiction who was an actual herpetologist (degreed) arrived on scene.
And this deadly viper turned out to be:
A Corn Snake. Totally harmless.
Weapon used to end the threat: Old School, kick ass Kirby upright.
When I asked Granny why she did not join in the panic she replied:
"Sonny, I was born in Kentucky. We ate snakes there"!
Now it is habit for me to regard all upright vacuum cleaners as possibly snake bearing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Another reason to get a Dyson.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Another reason to get a Dyson.

Another reason to move! I hate snakes, especially Copperheads! Mad

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post