SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Facebook says 50M user accounts affected by security breach
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook says 50M user accounts affected by security breach Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Facebook says 50M user accounts affected by security breach
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 12:59 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 28, 2018 1:15 PM EDT
NEW YORK -
(AP) - Facebook says it recently discovered a security breach affecting nearly 50 million user accounts.

In a blog post , the company says hackers exploited its "View As" feature, which lets people see what their profiles look like to someone else. Facebook says it has taken steps to fix the security problem and alerted law enforcement.

To deal with the issue, Facebook reset some logins, so 90 million people have been logged out and will have to log in again. That includes anyone who has been subject to a "View As" lookup in the past year.

Facebook says it doesn't know who's behind the attacks or where they're based.

The hack is the latest security headache for Facebook, which has been dealing with political disinformation campaigns from Russia and elsewhere since 2016.

http://newjersey.news12.com/st...d-by-security-breach

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Russians..

Keep up the good work, Comrades! Big Grin

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
The hack is the latest security headache for Facebook, which has been dealing with political disinformation campaigns from Russia and elsewhere since 2016.

So it must be Trumps fault (going on since 2016).

How about they have known about it since 2016 but may have been going on much longer than that.

But then that might be the truth and look bad for the earlier regime.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
As opposed to the security breach 99% of it's users suffered when they signed up. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I got rid of the app and log in on a link.
Maybe not doing much but I didn't want the app in my phone.
I search my name occasionally to see if another account has been set up with my stuff.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
These fuckers are selling off the phone number that you provide for 2 factor authentication.

Here's the link: https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/28...ok-ad-targeting-2fa/

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A very good reason not to trust Facetard with access to your bank account

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post