SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    May 24th Texas Primary Runoff Elections
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 24th Texas Primary Runoff Elections Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
Solid day for Republicans in the 3 statewide runoff elections (more local/regional runoffs):
  • Attorney General - Paxton beat George P Bush (Jeb's son) by a 2:1 margin (67.9% vs 32.1%) with about 930k people voting. Bush left his cushy elected office as Land Commissioner (aka the job he called glorified dog catcher but still fucked up) to run for this so it means for the first time in decades there isn't a globalist Bush in office.
  • Land Commissioner - Buckingham defeated Westley by slightly more than 2:1 margin with 892k people voting.
  • Railroad Commissioner (misleading title as this is one of three people regulating oil & gas in Texas) - The incumbent Christian heldoff the TikTok lawyer (not her employer, but her campaign tool) Stogner 65% to 35% with 878k people voting. Kind of surprised the total votes were closer to the AG's 930k people as this is a very important job in Texas especially after the winter storm Uri freeze and the mass power outages.

I voted a little after 6 PM last night and only had the above races to vote for. Poll workers were doing a good job checking IDs and making sure people were at the proper polling location.

You can read more here if you like. It includes more detail on the 3 elections I mentioned as well as the other primary runoffs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23299 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Great outcome

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Husband, Father, Aggie,
    all around good guy!
    Picture of HK Ag
    posted Hide Post
    Wife and I voted early at the Tomball location and there were maybe 4 voters at that time.

Showed ID, used the new systems, in and out easy.

Now we need to beat the Comandante in November!
    Get that pendeja out of office.

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Beto made of a fool of himself and had to be removed from a News Conference chaired by GOV. Abbott.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gracie Allen is my
    personal savior!
    posted Hide Post
    Given his electoral track record, Westley did surprisingly well against Buckingham. He's got a future but, at the risk of sounding condescending, a little more time in local office might give him the appeal to be directly competitive for either statewide or (US) Congressional office.

I was kinda surprised Bush got shellacked by Paxton as badly as he did. One, I'd expect the Bushes to not run unless they had something of a sure thing. Two, Paxton's still getting all kinds of flack for his legal ills. The fact that he still got the nomination may be a sign that TX Republicans are still thoroughly pissed about 2020 and jazzed up about the possibility of a political counteroffensive.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    And Mealer beat out her opponent for Harris County “Judge”. I STILL disagree with the misleading title for that position, as it requires ZERO law education or background. With Hidalgo reeling from her investigations, I hope we’ve seen/heard the last of that ignorant bitch.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by HK Ag:
    Now we need to beat the Comandante in November!
    Get that pendeja out of office.
    quote:
    Originally posted by erj_pilot:
    With Hidalgo reeling from her investigations, I hope we’ve seen/heard the last of that ignorant bitch.
    Hope that filthy commie is a convicted felon by November. Hildaldgo for prison!

Logically, it should make a difference for Mealer's election chances but Harris County voters aren't very logical. Having a D next to your name is the only qualification needed for many Harris County voters and being a convicted felon only makes her more relatable.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23299 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post