SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Decided to invest in the marijuana industry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided to invest in the marijuana industry Login/Join 
Picture of Lunasee
posted
I put some cash into the London-based GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) company. They have designed a cannabinoid based drug the treats epilepsy in children. I believe it is in its third stage of
the FDA clinical trials with promising results.

Stock is at $124ish now. Some analysts think it will hit $204.

Anyone else looking at them?

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've been in since the mid $30s thanks to a tip from a S&W forum member and I'm letting it ride. Future looks bright. GWPH has an actual revenue stream, there are many cannabis stocks that are mainly pipe dreams.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Looks like it had a reverse split in March 2016. It has been in a consolidation phase for the last 1 1/2 years and needs to break the $138. The money flow is turning back up but unless it has a great earnings report, it will stay in the consolidation phase.

There are others in this sector that are better investments.

Posts: 11894 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
No reverse split, just a volatile industry.

Here's a S&W forum post from 2014 when I first got in:

Originally Posted by doublesharp View Post
I followed the links in an earlier post concerning the cannabis oil's medicinal properties and I'm cautiously impressed. GWPH stock has already been golden for the early investors and it just might have some legs. Might be a ponzi scheme too but my early take is legit with moderate risk. While they don't have earnings they do have cashflow, patents and a pipeline. Let the FDA approve their Sativex drug and this might be an old time momentum play where the appreciation has no correlation to the earnings. I hate story stocks but I'll gamble and play the come from time to time and GWPH is on my watch list.

GWPharma - Welcome

GWPH Key Statistics | GW Pharmaceuticals Plc Stock - Yahoo! Finance

As far as pot goes, I'm a to each his own kinda guy. It's just a durned weed. It has seeds so I think Genesis 1:29 loosely covers it.

Hi Pal..

The company is following the results of the small experimenters and herbalist that's been working with cannabis underground for over 10 years now. And the results hasn't gone unnoticed! And GW Pharmaceuticals is running with this information!
They are using the basic cannabis oil that Rick Simpson first made over 10 years ago.

"GW Pharmaceuticals announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued a Notice of Allowance for U.S. Application Serial Number 12/996,124, a patent which covers the use of cannabinoids for treating glioma."

"GW commercialized the world’s first plant-derived cannabinoid prescription drug, Sativex®, which is approved for the treatment of spasticity due to multiple sclerosis in 23 countries."

If they follow the "path" you will see new drugs being released for cancer, Tourette’s syndrome, seizures, migraines, ADD &ADHD, Crohn's, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure.. and the list goes on!

The stock has gone from $8.00 to $40.00 in the last 5 months!
So, don't watch too long!
I believe you'll see a split of 3:1 this year!

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
... there are many cannabis stocks that are mainly pipe dreams.
Big Grin

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stock is at $124ish now. Some analysts think it will hit $204.

so you think its shareholders are looking to get a new high...

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Dude, I invested heavily in the business back when I was in college.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

And your ROI was to join a bar. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
You should be cautious, investments into burgeoning industries can be a hit or miss scenario, your money could go up in smoke.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bet your holdings all went up in smoke!

Posts: 6795 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I just got an email (on my work email) from the Cannabis Law Report, which is apparently an online journal. I have no idea why, unless they are sending randomly to legal-industry-type addresses.

I didn't open any of the links in the email, but they do have a website: https://cannabislaw.report/

Enjoy.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
I bet your holdings all went up in smoke!

Wasted.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I wish I had invested in Lone Star beer stock what I spent on their product when I was in college, and I wasn't a big beer drinker.

That’s what LSD was back then.

Just pissed it away!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post