SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Propane tank certification?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Propane tank certification? Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
If they can see a bullet hole through the tank, most landfills or recycling centers will take it. What they don't want or can't take is one holding pressure. Once the hole is punched, they only hold atmosphere.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
When one of my standard bbq grill size tanks needs certification I go trade it in on a Blue Rhino tank and let them do it.

Yup. When I bought a new grill that doesn't have a propane tank included I just put out a Facebook message looking for old tanks. Got a couple for $5 each, old rusty crap. Took 'em down to the local grocery and traded them for new filled Blue Rhinos. No problem. A bit more expensive than a local fill station but a huge savings on a new tank.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My mother in law gave me a 25 year old, rusty as hell , propane tank. Exchanged it at the gas station no problem.

Tell them you want the newest tank they have. I've almost always gotten a brand new tank in exchange.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I guess I have to bite the bullet and either swap or recertify. Took all four of mine to BJ's and they were all out of date, but the kid took pity on me since they all looked great - grill doesn't sit outside - and filled them. With my Weber Q100 I hardly go through any gas, but I'm now on my last tank so...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post