SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are www.tooldiscounter.com any good ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are www.tooldiscounter.com any good ? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
Any of you guys used www.tooldiscounter.com ? Are they GTG ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Seems to have some really good prices.
Never used them.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I ordered from them. I'll report back.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I ordered from them. I'll report back.

Yep, they're good. The packaging was bad, but the goods arrived unharmed. The prices are really good, which explains the packaging.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I don't recall starting and finishing a thread all by myself. I must be really sick.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Are shipping charges reasonable? I saw things I want, but didn't want to go through the ordering process to find out. Sometimes a low initial price is offset by high shipping. Then, when compared to Tooltopia.com (free shipping by FedEx Ground over $75) or Amazon Prime (free 2-day), the numbers might not look so good.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Are shipping charges reasonable? I saw things I want, but didn't want to go through the ordering process to find out. Sometimes a low initial price is offset by high shipping. Then, when compared to Tooltopia.com (free shipping by FedEx Ground over $75) or Amazon Prime (free 2-day), the numbers might not look so good.

The shipping was free. Combined with the lowest price I could find. It was the best deal flat out that I could find. The total price was better than Tooltopia or Amazon, I checked those guys and lots of others as well.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I think I see some purchases in the not-too-distant future. Smile If other vendors have the equivalent, and often the exact same tool, I'm not getting them from the tool trucks.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post