SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Blue cities' restaurants starve, Red cities feast.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue cities' restaurants starve, Red cities feast. Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Link

Only one aspect of a cities' economy but it plainly shows the failure of Dem policies.

Tellingly, ""Even the Democrat politicians went to Florida," he added.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., was photographed partying maskless in Miami in January 2022 while advocating lockdown policies and mask and jab mandates in her home state — and elsewhere around the country"

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4362 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They voted for that shit, they should suffer under it. Don't like it, vote differently. This is self inflicting.

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As the very wise Dennis Prager says, “Everything the Left touches, it destroys.”

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Restaurants here in the Florida Panhandle are doing a booming business. Everybody is looking for a good place to eat. People are the same everywhere so it does not make sense that restaurants in the blue states are suffering. Self-inflicted pain by their elected officials, there is only one way to turn this around.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leftists don't learn. The evidence of this is abundant. Hell, some of them will actually connect effect with cause and still they will keep doing the same stupid, self-damaging shit.

Because no matter what, they're correct in everything they do, because they are following the tenets of their religion. No one can claim that their religion is wrong, because that would be heresy, and we all know what happens to heretics.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Amen, brother.

Posts: 10974 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Restaurants here in the Florida Panhandle are doing a booming business. Everybody is looking for a good place to eat. People are the same everywhere so it does not make sense that restaurants in the blue states are suffering. Self-inflicted pain by their elected officials, there is only one way to turn this around.

Stupid policies and higher taxes on everything in leftist-controlled states/cities results in a higher cost of living and less discretionary money to spend on dining out.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Stupid policies and higher taxes on everything in leftist-controlled states/cities results in a higher cost of living and less discretionary money to spend on dining out.

I also expect there is more COVID fear in the potential customer base, keeping those customers at home.

Posts: 924 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
As the very wise Dennis Prager says, “Everything the Left touches, it destroys.”

Yup. He's my fave...

Posts: 2785 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

I also expect there is more COVID fear in the potential customer base, keeping those customers at home.

Stupid IS as Stupid DOES... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8922 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I'm still seeing a lot of masks being carried around and worn indoors/outdoors. This has morphed into a life-long health decision/practice for some. Not surprising, considering the indefinite use by some people of supplements and other "natural" health products. But, it's a free country, eh...

Posts: 2785 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post