SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Suggestion for gift to wife having our 1st child
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestion for gift to wife having our 1st child Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Professional photography scheduled to fall within the first 12 days of baby's birth.

Professional photography for day of.

Buy memories, not stuff.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
get her a birthstone ring or necklace of your daughter in january it would be Garnet

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I second the idea of Dave Truong- another thought was a bracelet that I saw that I would’ve been delighted with. It had etched in it the custom heart beat/heart rate of my baby. A sine wave or something similar. Can’t remember where I saw it.
Btw, My very best to you and your wife! Congratulations!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 hours of sleep and a shower.

She will cherish that more than anything.

Posts: 1085 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Get her something she can really use and will appreciate-a nice new iron and ironing board, or a new vacuum cleaner. Trust me on this-I've been married 27 years.

You forgot the white dress so the dishwasher will match the rest of the appliances. Wink

Amateurs....

I've been married over 32 years, and we have six children.
A nice sewing machine!! Duh!! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought two 1/10 oz gold coins in bezels with my daughter's birth year. My wife has it on a chain. I have my daughter's saved for some point in the future when she's old enough to appreciate it. We have a photo of mom and both coins in the hospital hours after she was born.

Posts: 763 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Thigh Master...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
David Truong.

Dave has done two beautiful necklaces for me (or rather my wife/daughters). With each of our girls Dave made me a necklace using their birthstones. Each was given to my wife after birth, but with the understanding that they're her's until the girls turn 18 or get married, or whatever milestone she chooses to gift them each their respective necklace. At that point I'm sure I'll be on the hook for something much more expensive than what I spent on the necklaces to replace them. Eek

I did something somewhat similar when our daughter was born. I got my wife a necklace at Tiffany’s with my daughters first initial with the plan that my wife would give it to her when she was older.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
A nice watch

0:01

Posts: 4286 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Another vote on a glider type chair.

Something they can both relax on, and it will help the baby fall asleep.

We had one in the kid's room, and I also bought a "sky chair" for our front porch.

You'll use it a lot too. Shop around, you could get both for well under $500.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10558 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
While my wife was sleeping after the delivery I went out and bought her some short, sexy nighties. She loved them.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the wonderful (and hilarious) suggestions. Lots of great ideas so far. Our nursery is pretty much complete and stocked with necessities, including the suggested glider chair and diaper bags. The house cleaning is something we already discussed, so not really a memorable gift. We also had professional maternity pics taken and have a professional photographer already on retainer for delivery day pics. Newborn pics also lined up. I love the suggestions for memories and not "things."

My wife is very sentimental and would treasure something that's given on that significant day. The gold bar(s), heartbeat jewelry and Tiffany engraved charms are fantastic suggestions and would be something I'll look into.

Still curious if Mr. Truong has any suggestions.

Thanks again for the awesome suggestions, and feel free to keep them coming!

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I gave my wife a nice pair of diamond stud earrings. She wears them almost every day.

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could take the Tiffany engraved charm insert a Garnet into it and then etch the heartbeat into it Cool or vice versa.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
A house cleaning service for a few months
while she recovers and gets used to having
a child to take care of so she get down time
between changing, feeding, cleaning etc.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post