SIGforum
Retired - 25 years, 5 months, 17 days

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3920059854

July 15, 2019, 08:53 PM
old rugged cross
Retired - 25 years, 5 months, 17 days
Congrats, thank you and enjoy the next chapter.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
July 15, 2019, 08:56 PM
Sigolicious
Enjoy your well deserved time out Smile I know I am enjoying mine!

Thanks for enjoying the ride with all of us who chose to give our youth to Uncle Sam.

July 15, 2019, 09:04 PM
sig229-SAS
I'll echo everyone else's comments, thank you for your service and congratulations on your retirement!
July 15, 2019, 11:34 PM
BuckRogers2000
Congratulations!!! Retirement from the military is definitely an adjustment, at least it has been for me. Enjoy yourself for a while. Terminal leave is great, am I right?!
July 16, 2019, 12:05 AM
357fuzz
Congrats!!! Thanks for all your years of service.
July 16, 2019, 01:39 AM
akwalker
Congrats. Hope you have nothing but Happy Days Ahead.
July 16, 2019, 06:31 AM
SIGguy229
quote:
Originally posted by RespectTheAmish:
Sir,

From a military spouse here at Shaw, guessing that you are here too from your location, thank you for all that you have done here at Shaw and your years of service.

Thank you! I just sent you an PM via e-mail
July 16, 2019, 06:40 AM
pwelch001
Congratulations! Thank you for all you’ve done, and enjoy!
July 16, 2019, 07:31 AM
Edmond
Congratulations! To be able to survive 20+ years to a military retirement is a hell of an accomplishment which not many can do. It is hard on yourself and on your family who bear the brunt of multiple deployments, multiple deployments, and moving to different bases every couple of years.

July 16, 2019, 07:36 AM
jprebb
Congratulations and thank you for your many years of service!

After that amount of time in the Air Force you must be an amazing golfer! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

JP
July 16, 2019, 11:34 AM
Sigfan Roy
Congrats SIGguy. Thanks for your service. Hope you have a long, happy retirement.
July 16, 2019, 08:50 PM
Tailhook 84
Well done, sir. Congrats!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."
July 16, 2019, 08:53 PM
Sauer Kraut
All the best in your retirement! Thank you for serving, especially that long
July 16, 2019, 11:21 PM
bushpilot
Well done Sir! Enjoy your retirement.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln
July 17, 2019, 08:25 AM
navyshooter
Congrats and BZ from a Retired Squid.

If you haven't already, take your medical record to the DAV. They help me navigate the VA maze and the process was pretty painless.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi
July 17, 2019, 08:35 AM
Karpteach
Congrats on the retirement! Thank you for your service!
July 17, 2019, 08:57 AM
patw
Congrats and thank you. It is funny how the time really does fly by.
July 17, 2019, 08:27 PM
SIGguy229
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Congrats and BZ from a Retired Squid.

If you haven't already, take your medical record to the DAV. They help me navigate the VA maze and the process was pretty painless.

I already had my C&P exam at the beginning of June, so now I'm just waiting for my decision
July 20, 2019, 12:55 PM
SIGguy229
Thanks, team. A lot of family and friends came out for the ceremony--still another group couldn't due to physical distance and responsibilities. We livestreamed it so they could see--and I had a couple of shout-outs during my comments. I've been very blessed to meet and work with a great group of people and do things I never thought I would.

Now I'm taking some time off--getting more riding in, and learning something new.
July 20, 2019, 07:29 PM
Rey HRH
25 years in and now you’re ready for a second career??

All this job hopping isn’t going to look good on your resume.

Congratulations.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.