SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No, Applebees is not a drive-in. Man literally drives his truck into Elizabethton Applebees
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, Applebees is not a drive-in. Man literally drives his truck into Elizabethton Applebees Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
https://www.wjhl.com/local/jus...pplebee-s/1882696857 The driver is being charged with DUI. I drive past - not into - this restaurant twice a day when working. Strangely, I didn't notice any police activity, traffic jams or other commotion, a little under an hour after it happened this morning.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Contrary to the title, it seems like this location actually is a drive in.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Contrary to the title, it seems like this location actually is a drive in.

Or at least a drive-thru.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
He just wanted one more Appletini for the road.,..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post