SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vultures are back, chicks now.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vultures are back, chicks now. Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You’d growl and hiss too, if you had to sit in vulture crap 24/7.

Wink

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
We are loaded with them here in central Florida farm country. They can get way up there.

Not just farm country! down by me, i always see them cleaning up the roadkill on a road near my place.

They are as ugly as they are efficient.

But the chicks are cute, well as cute as a vulture can get.

Are either of them a bit dopey ?

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spooky looking little guys. Love 'em. I just had a sad moment when the killdeer nest I used to check on daily turned up empty a few days ago. Now my folks are giving me daily updates on the kingbird nest outside their kitchen window. Bird nest surveillance is a good hobby.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Here on the Scilly Isles, just off the Western-most corner of Cornwall, a sighting has been made of an Egyptian Vulture.

If it is, in fact, wild, then it is the first sighting here since 1868.

It might have missed-track from Africa, via the Canaries and blown all the way up here by land hopping, although there is nothing but the Atlantic Ocean and the far western corner of Brittany...

https://www.birdguides.com/new...e-arrives-on-scilly/

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks that's amazing tacfoley!

Pic and brief audio from today of their progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4bJETrZuQ

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7104 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post