SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Gregg Allman
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Gregg Allman Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
It is impossible to overestimate the Allman Brothers influence on American music. True giants.
RIP Greg.

For that matter on English music. They were a big influence on Eric Clapton, for instance, particularly Duane.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
One of the best concerts I ever went to was the Allman Brothers at Red Rocks.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Glad I got to see the Allman Brothers a couple of times in recent years. RIP Greg, you were one of the greats.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
RIP Gregg

Back together again

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
RIP Coyote Max. Frown

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43906 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well he's an angel now...
RIP

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
RIP Gregg

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWy3Q30Cn2A

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My favorite-timeless

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ggeab0lKz2c

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My favorite modern version of Midnight Rider with Zac Brown and Vince Gill:

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn RIP Gregg. I never had the pleasure of seen him in concert. Melissa is probably my favorite Allman Bros. song.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
RIP Gregg Allman.

I'm sorry I never got to see the Allman Brothers.

Here is an interesting interview from 1973:

http://www.rollingstone.com/mu...thers-story-19731206

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Thanks to my college roommate, not only did we see this concert, Sandy and I sat with our elbows and drinks on Gregg's piano for the concert. My roommates fraternity sponsored the event.

Gregg's appearance was a secret that Sandy (my roommate was also a Sandy) kept. All he told us was that we must attend. We also got to hang out with Gregg afterwards. Definitely one of those life experiences you never forget. RIP Gregg Allman.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the memories, Gregg.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
But, back home he'll always run,
To sweet Melissa.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I had a bucket list trip last fall with some high school buddies to go see a concert at Red Rocks Greg Allman and ZZ Top. It would turn out he only did one more concert after that show. He had just gotten out of the hospital and they brought out a big industrial heater to blow hot air on him and keep him warm while he played. Despite just getting out of the hospital he put on a great show.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Laid Back on repeat for the BBQ today, no one is complaining.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Thanks for the memories, Gregg.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ulfm79CI4cE" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Love this song and this version.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Frown

sad news on an otherwise awesome Sunday

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Just heard it on the news this morning...Damn.
Thank's for the years of entertainment.

Rest in Peace.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Greg. Saw him several times with and with out the Allman Brothers. Great performer

Posts: 521 | Location: maryland | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post