SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FCC fastracking Soros' buy of 200 radio stations before the election
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FCC fastracking Soros' buy of 200 radio stations before the election Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted
I was listening to Mark Levin talk about this yesterday. His hometown Philly station being one of them, already informed him of cancellation of his show. Seems like a censorship workaround. I had to look it up myself. I'd think we'd be getting "screaming-from-the-rooftops" coverage on this. It seems like a pretty big deal. FWIW, it's already law that foreign money can't exceed 25% in a deal like this, yet Dems on the FCC are seemingly agreed upon fast tracking the licensing.There are numerous stories on it; here's info.
What say you?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ted-fcc-commissioner

https://www.realclearpolitics....before_november.html

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5547 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rhetorical...

I wonder how the FCC would have voted if a conservative investor would try this?
Also, how would the media react?

Disgusting how the vote fell on political leanings.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding it's not yet a done deal, and Congress may have something to say about it. I find it alarming there isn't a lot more info about this.

Part of my point apart from the substance of this is why isn't this some huge story?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5547 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I was listening to Mark Levin talk about this yesterday. His hometown Philly station being one of them, already informed him of cancellation of his show.

I would imagine he's taking about 1210 WPHT which used to be a huge flagship of conservative talk radio in the Rush Limbaugh days. That was my daily drive listen but after 2020 I felt burned out on political talk radio and rarely tune in anymore plus Audacy began dropping the better talk hosts anyway. Now it's mainly music and I don't feel like I'm really missing out.

The whole landscape has changed anyway with web based radio stations and streaming and podcasts. These big terrestrial stations are dinosaurs IMO. People are getting their content elsewhere now and that's not a bad thing.

Posts: 34748 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
There is some worthwhile talk radio for sure.

Some time back I was regularly making a yearly (at least) drive across Missouri to Wichita, Ks.
At first I was worried how I'd listen to Limbaugh. It turned out a constant stream of podunk AM stations would come in and out of range and Rush was always available.

Terrestrial AM talk radio isn't just a drive-time phenomenon, it's an essential tool drawing listeners all day long.

This Soros initiative is monstrous and, of course, the federal government/deep state are willing bedfellows.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8588 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Now a done-deal, apparently.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/30/...ons-before-election/

https://news4sanantonio.com/ne...g-soros-backed-group

https://www.nationalreview.com...-200-radio-stations/

posted Hide Post
The Globalists are moving quickly.

Posts: 271 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: January 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a slightly different take on it. How many liberal talk shows are on the radio. Almost every one with much of an audience is Conservative. Certainly a much larger portion are right leaning at the very least. Soros could be buying up those 200 to effectively cancel a lot of Conservative talk.

He’s certainly not buying radio stations to help lift up liberal talk shows.

Posts: 4017 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Soros could be buying up those 200 to effectively cancel a lot of Conservative talk.

I'm of the belief that was precisely the point. Philly already gave Mark Levin the bad news.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Soros could be buying up those 200 to effectively cancel a lot of Conservative talk.

Yes, that’s what Mark Levin is saying.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24686 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
He said today his last show on Audacy is Friday. I wasn't clear if that's tomorrow or next week.