SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just got back from Myrtle Beach!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got back from Myrtle Beach!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Had not been since I was a kid. We Took the crew and they had a blast! They are 5, 4, and 2 and none are solid swimmers but we had a blast.
The Baby Shark would not really go out in the water. The two oldest boys had a blast. It is hard work out there in the ocean with them.

The resort we stayed at had two towers with covered water parks in each one.
We hit the beach from about 8-11am had lunch, went to the waterpark till about 2, napped till about 4, then went to dinner, and back down to the water park for a couple hours and did it all over again.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had a blast.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great pics. Looks like everyone had a blast.

Thanks for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I am glad you had a great time with your family! I have about 50 years of family memories on the SC beaches.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I went there in 2011. While obviously a resort town, it isn't a tourist trap with cheesy shit like you find in the towns around the Smoky Mountains. Nor is it necessarily expensive. There is a place to stay or eat for any budget.

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pic #2 is awesome. For a second I had a flashback of same trip with Dad doing same thing.

Glad the boys had a good time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The joy in those photos is infectious. Can't help but smile when looking at them. Smile

Posts: 4984 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Pic #2 is awesome. For a second I had a flashback of same trip with Dad doing same thing.

Glad the boys had a good time.

That was a huge step for the middle boy. Back in November we went to Disney and Cocoa Beach on the way down we stopped at St. Augustine for lunch and went out to the ocean. It was their first time to the Ocean and he was just barely 3. He was walking in the waves for the first time watched the first wave loved it was so excited was not watching for the next and got blasted. Tumbled, mouth full of ocean water, shorts full of grit, and he was terrified the rest of the trip and would not go near the water at Cocoa Beach the entire trip.
The first day of this trip he would not go near the water. Day 2 he just said take me out Daddy!
So I did, worked our way out slowly and he was loving it wanting to be tossed up in the air and diving thru the waves.
Two big boys love the ocean.
Little Baby Shark wanted nothing to do with it this trip but loves the pool.
May try Hilton Head or Charleston next year so hopefully he’ll come around.

————————————————

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was their first time to the Ocean and he was just barely 3. He was walking in the waves for the first time watched the first wave loved it was so excited was not watching for the next and got blasted. Tumbled, mouth full of ocean water, shorts full of grit, and he was terrified the rest of the trip and would not go near the water

Weird, that was my exact same experience as a kid, but it was probably a two years later in age than him.

I can tell you from personal experience Little Baby Shark will remember it for life.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Black, check your mail.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
North Shore?
Nice place if so.
I was just at the Sheraton in N Myrtle last week with the family.

When the kids were little we went to Emerald Isle NC for years. Not as crowded and very few resorts, mainly beach houses. Very pet friendly island as well.

I go to Myrtle for the golf now!

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2919 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
My family just arrived in Myrtle Beach yesterday! First time in South Carolina. We're here for my daughter's Basic Training graduation at Fort Jackson in a few days. We spent the day walking around the historic district in Georgetown, where some of the houses date to the 1700's. For a history buff like me, that was something I'll never forget. We also saw several graves of Civil War veterans, including one that was with General Lee when he surrendered at Appomattox Courthouse.

We also stopped at a little roadside place in Aynor and bought some boiled peanuts. I think I have a new favorite snack!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Pro tip:

We used to dress the kids in matching neon orange or green tee shirts. Made it MUCH easier to pick them out in on crowded beach or anywhere really.

Seriously, try it. Used to get them at Hobby Lobby, 3 for 10 bucks on sale back then.

Neon Green Day!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Black, check your mail.

Had the mail held while we were gone. Just picked it up and it it looks great thanks!!

quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
North Shore?
Nice place if so.
I was just at the Sheraton in N Myrtle last week with the family.

When the kids were little we went to Emerald Isle NC for years. Not as crowded and very few resorts, mainly beach houses. Very pet friendly island as well.

I go to Myrtle for the golf now!

Kind of in the middle.
5200 Block of N. Ocean. It was nice we were south of the crowded areas in North Myrtle and the regular Myrtle.
Our resort was right next to a few private houses/condos. So the beaches were not crowded at all in that location.

quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Pro tip:

We used to dress the kids in matching neon orange or green tee shirts. Made it MUCH easier to pick them out in on crowded beach or anywhere really.

Seriously, try it. Used to get them at Hobby Lobby, 3 for 10 bucks on sale back then.

Neon Green Day!

We always do the orange at the Zoo. We'll do it next time at the beach as they'll be a bit more independent.

————————————————

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
You know, someone on here would give y'all some free ice cream, if you give me a heads up, and want to swing by the creamery...

Big Grin

Posts: 5742 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
You know, someone on here would give y'all some free ice cream, if you give me a heads up, and want to swing by the creamery...

Big Grin

Well bummer! Care to share which Creamery? We may have visited without even knowing. Ice Cream and SnoCones were prevalent on the trip.

————————————————

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Republic Ice Cream. Our manufacturing facility is on Seaboard St (in an industrial area, with a store in the front of the building.)

Coastal Creamery sells our product, as their "homemade" ice cream - in rectangular boxes.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post