SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man denied heart transplant at liberal hospital for being unvaccinated
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man denied heart transplant at liberal hospital for being unvaccinated Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
Is there any low the libs won't stoop to? People need to wake up and leave these liberal cities.

Here's the article from Daily Wire:

Young Father Kicked Off Heart Transplant List Because He’s Unvaccinated link

quote:
He's a 31-year-old dad of two with a third baby on the way.

By Mairead Elordi

Jan 25, 2022 DailyWire.com

FacebookTwitterMail

Anti-vaccination protesters holding signs take part in a rally against Covid-19 vaccine mandates, in Santa Monica, California, on August 29, 2021.
A young father has been kicked off the heart transplant list because he is refusing to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

DJ Ferguson, a 31-year-old dad of two with a third baby on the way with his partner Heather, was at the top of the list for a heart transplant before he was booted from the list due to his refusal to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.

His father, David Ferguson, told CBS Boston that his son, who remains in the hospital in desperate need of a heart transplant, will not take the vaccine because it clashes with his principles.

“It’s kind of against his basic principles, he doesn’t believe in it. It’s a policy they are enforcing and so because he won’t get the shot, they took him off the list of a heart transplant,” Ferguson told the outlet.

“My son has gone to the edge of death to stick to his guns and he’s been pushed to the limit,” Ferguson said.

The hospital where the young dad is fighting for his life, Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, a Harvard Medical School teaching school, released a statement saying that getting a COVID-19 vaccine is just one of several requirements for patients to be eligible for a transplant.

“And like many other transplant programs in the United States – the COVID-19 vaccine is one of several vaccines and lifestyle behaviors required for transplant candidates in the Mass General Brigham system in order to create both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation,” Brigham and Women’s said.

DJ has been in the hospital since November when his lungs completely filled up with blood and fluid due to a hereditary heart issue, according to a GoFundMe set up by a friend for DJ and his family.

“We have had many conversations with the doctors, who confirmed that his heart COULD swell and go into severe crisis but they can’t guarantee anything and it’s a choice we will have to make if he wants to be listed,” wrote a member of DJ’s family on the GoFundMe page about how side effects of the vaccine might affect him.

The family member added that the nurses and doctors have been “nothing but compassionate and amazing to him.”

Dr. Arthur Caplan, who is head of medical ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, told CBS Boston that being vaccinated is necessary because health care providers do not want to give one of a scarce number of organs to a patient only for them to die of COVID — or a cold.

“Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off,” Caplan said. “The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving,” Caplan said.

Now, DJ’s family is considering what their next move should be. They are weighing whether to transfer him to a hospital that does not have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate, but he may not be in strong enough condition.

“We are aggressively pursuing all options, but we are running out of time,” Ferguson said. “I think my boy is fighting pretty damn courageously and he has integrity and principles he really believes in and that makes me respect him all the more.”

“It’s his body. It’s his choice,” his dad added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I get standing up for your principles, but you have a family depending on you.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7161 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I think the largest question I have....is why anyone would live in a place that does this? Would this have happened at a hospital that doesn't play these political games?

The answer isn't to cave in because they're making you, the answer is to go where they don't make you. Get out of these cities and states. Just get out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Of course, the 'vaccine' could do permanent damage to his immune system and leave him unable to 'be there' for those depending on him, so there's that!

Leftist 'COVIDians' running BWH... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Brigham and Women’s is Harvard University Medical School teaching hospital. Need I say more.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Insanity in individuals is something rare — but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche , Beyond Good and Evil

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I get standing up for your principles, but you have a family depending on you.
Huh? A guy with a severe heart condition should not be taking anything for which the side effects, both short term and long term, are not well defined. Where's the hippocratic oath these doctors claim to live by in practicing medicine?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This applies to virtually any Boston based hospital - not just Brigham & Women's.

Yeah - have the guy with the faulty heart take the Moderna jab - you know, the one that has a litany of harmful cardiac side effects for men under 40 like myocarditis and pericarditis. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graniteguy,

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No downplaying the political choices, but these transplant hospitals look for patients that will comply with all their rules and tests so the hospital can brag about their transplant success rate.

Posts: 283 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
True. A friend of mine had a big problem with booze. His liver was shot and he was told he could be a candidate for a liver transplant if he quit drinking for six months. He was successful and was moving up the list when he went to Mexico and had a few drinks. They were monitoring him and kicked him off the list. His liver failed a few months later and he died.

Posts: 17529 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, my wife and I decided to revoke are organ donor status on our drivers license. If something would happen to either of us I would rather have them go into the ground than be used as a political statement.

Posts: 1106 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he dies... one more life gone because of the insanity surrounding covid.

This fucking shit is beyond any reasonable human responce!

Did they make sure he got his flu shot, shingles shot, etc, etc... ? Probably not...

I admire his decision to stay strong with his beliefs... I just hope he gets his heart transplant too!

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're Goddamned lucky that we savages are civilized.

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
This is happening all over. Not only in big cities.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I have a family member who received a kidney transplant 10 years ago. She had to show proof of multiple vaccinations or she would have been denied. It's standard procedure for solid organ transplants. After receiving an organ transplant, the patient takes medicine for the rest of his/her life that suppresses the immune system. Vaccines prevent death from illnesses that many healthy people can fight off naturally.

Here is a list of requirements from Univ of Michigan transplant center, for an example. I do not believe it is politically motivated.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr...TxpKidneyVaccine.pdf

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Here is a list of requirements from Univ of Michigan transplant center, for an example. I do not believe it is politically motivated.
No, the vaccines listed are well-established in their use and side effects, unlike this entirely politically motivated horse shit 'vaccine' which doesn't vaccinate anyone, and about which there are no studies regarding longterm effects.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some day, possibly sooner than I'd like, I will need a new liver to survive. My son will turn 8 next month. I've heard of people being denied transplants due to not being "vaccinated," and I've thought a lot about what I would do if that's the choice I'm faced with. It's a binary choice with a lot of implications either way, but boiled down, it strikes me very much as "die on your feet or live on your knees," begging your masters for a chance at a few more weeks, months, or years. The big question for me is how either choice would affect my son, and what example I would be showing him while I can still make choices. Die for my principals and "fuck you, make me" or submit in order to have more time with him? It's a harder choice than it should be, honestly. I fight being resentful for potentially being put in this position.

I have no answer. Until it becomes an immediate problem, my answer is "I will not comply." I haven't read what everyone has had to say yet, but I think probably better than many, I understand the decision he made.

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The likelihood of a transplant recipient dying from wuflu is what relative to dying from a traffic accident? Hit by lightning? Plane crash? Electrocuted at home?

The people who make these life death decisions - karma will come.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off,” Caplan said. “The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving,” Caplan said.

This doesn’t even make sense. If your immune system is shut down, how would the effects of any vaccine help you? Also, if a cold could kill you, then would not the same protocols used to prevent you from catching a cold for which there is no vaccine also prevent you from catching COVID?

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Frankly, that statement you quoted ignores the 'science'...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post