SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    United States Space Force: Purpose Commercial
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

United States Space Force: Purpose Commercial Login/Join 
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted
Like it or not it is here.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Waste. It’s like railroad commercials. I just don’t see the point in spending the money.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
So what MOS is Commander of the USS Enterprise?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
So what MOS is Commander of the USS Enterprise?

Second leftenant Shag

First Leftenant Shag

Leftenant Commander Shag

Commander Shag

CAPTAIN SHAG

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
All your satellite are belong to US.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That's a good commercial. Space is important. Launching rockets and space planes sure sounds a lot cooler than being a grunt or mess cook. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21849 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
That commercial is for recruiting.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Can I pew-pew in space or not? That's the only question I'm interested in.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

In Space, no one can hear you pew-pew...

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

In Space, no one can hear you pew-pew...
Not much muzzle flash, either. (The big flash is secondary combustion of gases in the atmosphere.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I just don’t see the point in spending the money.

Same as every guy who joins the Navy thinking he's going to fly jets. Recruitment. Someone's got to be a Space Force MP.

(mop pusher)

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Do they have holodecks?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How well I remember my recruiter showing me the glamorous life I would lead in the USAF if I signed up. Tennis.... Golf.... Swimming Pools.. Shopping. I bit on that.
Next stop: WWII wooden barracks in Texas. In July. A short, red faced man often told me at the top of his lungs that my shit was "very weak". He said it often enough that I began to believe it!
Many trashcans scrubbed out and PT on an asphalt pad in 110 degree heat. Then it was off to SACs Northern Tier Fun Tour at 30 below. But I kept the world safe from communism! No need for my tennis racket though.
I would guess that somewhere in Space Force there a shit can that needs a good scrubbing. And someones shit is very weak.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems the basic message is:

They've got a job to do, just not sure what it is yet.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
From NASA's own documentary footage:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Nothing ever changes; the lies remain the same.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2701 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder if China (and others) are doing (or planning on doing) anything in space that may go against our interest.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems the basic message is:

Actually, they are all doing the same jobs they did before. They just tore off the USAF tag and put USSF on. Running satellites, tracking space junk, etc.

Just like when the USAF was created from the US Army Air Corp. Same people, doing the same jobs, just with different service name.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where or when this may be published, but I'll be looking for it Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
So I see that had the USAF logo on it. Is Space Force to the USAF as the USMC is to the Navy?

Posts: 11169 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post