SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Karma for our time - NEW WINNER IS STUFFGEEK!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Karma for our time - NEW WINNER IS STUFFGEEK! Login/Join 
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted
A few years ago someone on this forum suggested reading the trilogy by William R. Forstchen which is a fictional account of what would probably happen in a SHTF scenario.
I recently finished reading these fine books and all I can say is that it should be required reading for any adult who is remotely interested in what’s happening in the world these days and what could happen if we’re not prepared. Given the recent threads here on emergency comms, long term food preparation etc. I thought that this could be a good opportunity to share these books with my fellow SF members.

So what I am offering are all three paperback books in the trilogy that have been gently used. I’ll let the Karma run for a week or so and have the Karminator pick the winner.
Thanks for Sig Forum and our ability to have these discussions.

https://imgur.com/9YA9ySf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smlsig,

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Lucky #1.

Posts: 3824 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the chance

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10378 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Don't enter me as I already have them in my library but thanks for the reminder - I should re-read them.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
Sounds like good reading, count me in.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in.

Thanks

Posts: 2241 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Please do not count me in. They were great reads

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'd read them given the chance.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I think I'd enjoy reading them, please add me.

Thanks!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They sound interesting

Please throw my name in the hat

Thanks

RC

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
count me in

Posts: 198 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Heard of these here on the forum years ago but never got round to getting them. Thanks for the kind offer, please include me for a chance.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
I would love the opportunity to read through them.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1127 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity; please count me in.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8659 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
It’s time for me to start reading again, please throw my name in as well.

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in, thanks.

Posts: 16019 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Don’t count me in. I’m just here to say I’ve read these books and they are excellent.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am a voracious reader, and this is a great karma, very generous of you to offer it, but please do not enter me.

I just wanted to jump in here to mention that there are a bunch of you who would like to read these books and you can't all win the karma. My county Public Library, and very likely yours as well, has these titles available in e-book form to borrow and download to your Kindle Reader.

If you don't have a Kindle device, you can get the free Kindle app that will run on a Windows or Mac computer (maybe Linux too, I'm not sure about that), or an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Please throw my name into the virtual hat, thanks.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
I'm running out of stuff to read, so please count me in.

Under Construction

Posts: 370 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post