SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Handcuffed suspect steals Colorado State Trooper's vehicle and it's "Good night, Irene"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handcuffed suspect steals Colorado State Trooper's vehicle and it's "Good night, Irene" Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
AMF. That looks like it hurt. A lot.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Cars were moving over for him so I guess he had the lights on, too bad the semi didn't get the memo, but he was moving fast enough to knock the trailer off the road. Imagine the carnage had he hit a lighter vehicle.
I don't think there's anything the semi- driver could have done. It appeared to me that opposite direction traffic had been stopped, so the semi- driver was just sitting there.

And you are correct...thank GOODNESS ol' Alphonso hit the trailer and not any innocent by-standers, though it is reported in the YT video that Alphonso, the Mensa, did try to hit oncoming cars head on. THANKFULLY he only took his own no good, white trash, skinny ass out...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That was a hell of an impact. It’s amazing he was conscious after that crash. A hit like that and I would have expected it to be lights out.

Ripping off the axles from a semi trailer requires a bit of force.

It sucks that the stolen Charger hit the semi but it hit it in a good spot and thankfully no innocent bystanders were injured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he buckled his safety belt?

And maybe there was no time, but why not get the other motorists further away from where they deployed the stop strips? What happened was entirely predictable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Anyone else just feel sorry for the trucker and the destruction of his trailer/load?

Absolutely, this scum bag fucked up his whole day. I'm just glad he hit straight on the trailer and not the cab or the minivan behind him.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Well, he chose...poorly.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
When he hit the truck, I thought, "Damn, he hit that hard." Then the bodycam showed the trailer on its side and I thought, "Holy. Moly."

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
When I saw the condition of the cruiser on their approach, I was surprised that he still had his head attached after that crash.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16538 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Boss, I apologize in advance:

He died doing what he loved.

Okay, I'll go to my room now.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
He sure as hell submarined that trailer.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Boss, I apologize in advance:

He died doing what he loved.

Okay, I'll go to my room now.

Would it be better to say “He loved doing how he died.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That officer that pulled those sticks is awfully lucky. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Posts: 11175 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
And maybe there was no time, but why not get the other motorists further away from where they deployed the stop strips? What happened was entirely predictable.
Well, it did kind of channel him so he couldn't avoid the stop sticks.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I bet that is now a training video for Colorado Highway Patrol.

Was the car the Trooper's or the Captain's. I'm guessing there was some consequences for this incident.

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow, the fact that he went into a trailer injuring no one is a miracle. How no innocent people were injured is amazing, it could have been extremely bad. I wonder if the ones paying attention to what was happening abandoned their vehicles or if the majority stayed in their vehicles? I know if I saw them lay out stop sticks I'd be no where near that highway.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
It appeared to me that opposite direction traffic had been stopped, so the semi- driver was just sitting there.

Yeah, someone REALLY wasn't thinking there. Let's stop all the traffic right where we're going to blow the tires off a speeding car. That was pretty stupid. They're lucky they only ruined one innocent guy's life and didn't kill other bystanders in the process.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, given the circumstances it all ended well enough.
However:
After the initial pursuit, they PITTED him. Then cuffed/stuffed him. Find a gun in his car. Then this idiot was left unattended and unobserved in the patrol car. And off he goes again. And its a pretty fair guess the stolen patrol car had a rifle in it.
Where I worked, if I had left him alone in my car and this adventure resulted, I would probably be taking a 90 day unpaid vacation and be lucky to keep my job.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16128 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Was the car the Trooper's or the Captain's. I'm guessing there was some consequences for this incident.

It was the car belonging to the trooper who performed the PIT maneuver on him. The Captain's car was stopped behind the suspect's car.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There is potential that that was a career limiting move for the Trooper. Allowing a patrol car with weapons on board to be stolen by a handcuffed suspect doesn't look good on a promotion application.

That could have ended up a lot worse than it did. It's lucky for all involved that he tagged the rear wheels on the trailer and not the cab or one of the other occupied vehicles off to the side.

I noticed he nearly lost control of the patrol car several times, I'll guess this was because his hands were cuffed together and he was having issues steering. I didn't notice, where his hands cuffed back to back, palms out?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Why didn't the trooper's car have a cage? That would've stopped the idiot from driving off.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23329 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post