SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much spam do you get?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much spam do you get? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I never get Spam - it is too salty.
They recently reduced the sodium content by, I think, 25% Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was down to 3-5/wk
Loaded gmail today & had 14 overnight.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I used to get about 25 a day, but in the last couple years that has dropped to about 5-8 per day.
I think the spam filter isn't even allowing most of them to the Spam Mail folder now, but I have no way to prove that.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
At least 100/day. I don't even check the Spam folder unless I'm expecting something that didn't show up in Inbox.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a hundred a day for me too. One click on "delete all" and its all gone!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
As for the ones about Sizzle Pork And Mmm, though, I wish you wouldn’t do that. They were so clever, original, and not to mention hilarious, I was rolling around on my floor laughing for so long that I actually got hungry and had to get up and eat a SPAM® sandwich. Then I saw the next post, and the same thing happened all over again. You guys are just too, too much.

Just so I’m clear as I’ve been accused of not understanding it in the past, that’s sarcasm right there, isn’t it? I assumed that, since “spam” was not capitalized in your thread title and knowing what a stickler you are for accurate grammar and punctuation, you were talking about the email kind.

I get at least 20 a day. Many make it past Outlook’s filters. Car warranty, car insurance, I can’t tell you how many iPads and iPhones I’ve won, etc. I mark them junk, phishing, block the sender, etc. and yet, they still show up in my inbox.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My sbcglobal/at&t/yahoomail account gets a dozen or more spam/phishing emails per day. My other, “good” email accounts get very few.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
About a hundred a day for me too. One click on "delete all" and its all gone!

That's what I do too, but I can't help myself from scanning through to make sure I'm not dumping something I want.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
It varies, anywhere from 6 at minimum, to probably over 20 daily. Our ISP just changed to a different company and I swear the spam increased drastically. What irritates me is items that are NOT spam are diverted to the spam folder, while things that so obviously spam get sent to my inbox. And some emails have been lost somewhere. I sent myself an email, when they were starting the change of companies, and it never showed up. I also go through my inbox and mark the spam and try to block it, but doesn’t seem to have made a dent. Of course, the new company offered to filter my email for an additional $10 a month. I told them no thanks, not worth it.
Forgot to add, I now check my spam folder to make sure I am not missing something important. I nearly missed a utility bill cause the idiots sent it to my spam folder.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I have two active inboxes and e-mail providers, over 250 actual e-mail addresses. An address I've used since mid-1995 always has several hundred messages in the associated spam folder (compared to two or three non-spam per day), another, perhaps five years old or so usually gathers about 80-100 per day, with perhaps 10 non-spam per day. I rarely do more than scan senders and subject before trashing the entire spam folder of each, I try to do this at least daily.

So an average daily ratio is perhaps 12 non-spam (AKA ham) and 350 spams, 97% spam. This ratio mimics what I am seeing on client sites in general, some are far worse getting literally thousands of spams for each legitimate message.

I am not extreme about classifying messages as spam, if I were to reclassify all the pleas for money from politicians and advocacy groups, and commercial advertising from regular vendors (yes Midway, I am talking about you!), the spam/ham ratio would be somewhat higher.

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just deleted 94 spam emails from my spam folder after having cleared it just this morning around 10am.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post