SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
Wood Jr. asked how many still thought Trump will win in 2020. Four out of the six raised their hands.

“Do you honestly think any of these Democratic candidates can beat Trump?” he followed up.

One respondent said perhaps if Democrats rallied around one candidate that person could beat the president.

“So, we all need to agree on who that one candidate is and then all the other candidates support them. Tell me who’s that candidate,” he said.

Everyone rattled off a different name, much to Wood Jr’s disappointment.
Then Chris stepped in and said, “Trump 2020, baby!”
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24141 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The latest tactic the Left is using on Trump supporters (and I'm sure it will only ramp up to fever-pitch levels until November 2020) is that we are all in one big CULT. Roll Eyes

Naturally CNN enthusiastically jumped right on that bandwagon:

CNN’s resident lunatic Brian Stelter went above and beyond his regular whackery Sunday, wheeling out a ‘cult expert’ on his “Reliable Sources” show, who claimed that President Trump is a “destructive cult” leader, a la Jim Jones, and that he is using “mind control” to direct supporters.

Do these dopes not comprehend that the more they attack us, the harder our resolve gets? And I fully believe Trump is picking up voters, not losing them all this time.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The latest tactic the Left is using on Trump supporters (and I'm sure it will only ramp up to fever-pitch levels until November 2020) is that we are all in one big CULT. Roll Eyes

CNN’s resident lunatic Brian Stelter went above and beyond his regular whackery Sunday, wheeling out a ‘cult expert’ on his “Reliable Sources” show, who claimed that President Trump is a “destructive cult” leader, a la Jim Jones, and that he is using “mind control” to direct supporters.

Do these dopes not comprehend that the more they attack us, the harder our resolve gets? And I fully believe Trump is picking up voters, not losing them all this time.

They labeled all the people who listened to Limbaugh as mind numbed robots that he controlled years ago.

It's just simply beyond their comprehension and reasoned thought ability to understand that millions of people may not think the same as they do so they must be under mind control of some evil despot that makes them differently.

Shows how shallow thinking these people are.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
seems like CNN misses the dynamics of their own warped fantasies reinforcing popular support for the policies of DJT appearing even more preferable

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

They labeled all the people who listened to Limbaugh as mind numbed robots that he controlled years ago.

It's just simply beyond their comprehension and reasoned thought ability to understand that millions of people may not think the same as they do so they must be under mind control of some evil despot that makes them differently.

Shows how shallow thinking these people are.

Saul Alinsky said to accuse your ideological opponents of doing what you are doing, and make the accusation quickly.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
visiting the WH

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...its-the-white-house/

“Conan is a tough cookie,” Trump said

secret revealed : Conan is a female

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good girl!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38693 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this guy really pisses me off

just man up and confirm or deny.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/for...won-t-214110774.html

Former Pentagon aide Guy Snodgrass cagily refused to deny or admit that he was the infamous Resistance White House figure “Anonymous” during a Fox News interview on Monday, shortly after he was fingered as the most likely candidate.

Snodgrass’ name began making the rounds on social media early on Monday when The New Republic’s David Kusnet—who once correctly guessed the anonymous author of Clinton tome Primary Colors—found there was a striking resemblance between the writing style of Anonymous’ A Warning, the author’s notorious 2018 op-ed and Snodgrass’ memoir.

Snodgrass, a former speechwriter and comms director for ex-Defense Secretary James Mattis, kept the speculation going with a cryptic tweet.

The former Mattis staffer, who would be considered a one-time “senior official” of the Trump administration, appeared on Fox News Reporting on Monday afternoon to purportedly talk about the recent termination of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer. Fox News anchor Trace Gallagher, however, spent the majority of the interview peppering Snodgrass with questions about whether or not he was the senior Trump official working against the president from within the administration.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

parasites cowardly making $ w anonymous criticism of the President

posted Hide Post
Why Republicans Won’t Abandon Trump

Democrats want Americans to care about corruption. America’s answer? You first.

https://spectator.org/why-repu...bandon-donald-trump/

Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit fame says about climate change, “I’ll believe it’s a crisis when the people who tell me it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis.” He means, of course, that when all those lecturing Americans about the end of the world give up their three yachts, two private jets, four 20,000-square-foot air-conditioned homes, then he’ll believe they believe their own bull about climate change. They don’t believe it’s that bad, which is why they live like Russian oligarchs. Why should anyone listen to them or subject themselves to rules they themselves ignore?

Using this same reasoning, Republican voters will believe there’s a corruption crisis deserving of impeachment when the people who tell them it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis. The media, Democrats, and anti-Trumpers have been caterwauling for three years about President Trump violating norms, abusing power, bullying (and now bribing! Gasp!) governments, and generally using the power of the executive branch to act like he’s been crowned king. Whether this is true or not is up for debate.

Trump haters are confounded by Trump supporters. They ask, “If you believe it’s true that Trump does sketchy things, why don’t you care?” They ask the same question about the climate: “You concede that the climate is changing, so why won’t you do something about it?”

The answer: You first.

In the case of climate change, the religionists would recruit more adherents if they weren’t so utterly hypocritical in their lives. Maybe people would start cycling and driving a Prius. Likewise, the new converts to constrained executive power, adherence to norms, and a president who isn’t hostile to half of America would be taken more seriously if they ever took corruption seriously in the past. They didn’t. So current Republicans shrug with President Trump.

Here’s a smattering of what didn’t bother the corruption biddies with Obama: A daily, often illegal, executive order. Obama pompously threatened and humiliated the Supreme Court to their faces during the State of the Union. Anyone who disagreed with him was accused of racism. He called people who didn’t vote for him “bitter clingers” and “tea baggers.” Narcissism? He carried around a selfie stick and slow-jammed the news like a teenager. Foreign policy? He gave guns to Mexican drug cartels and pallets of money to the leading worldwide sponsor of terror. He started inane wars and ignored red lines. He used the power of the FBI, DOJ, and State Department to help his party surveil the leading candidate for the opposing party. And then, his minions in all parts of the government, continued their sanctioned behavior to unseat the duly elected president. Obama’s administration got rich while serving — both his secretary of state and vice president used their power for personal gain. His OMB revealed every person who worked in government to the Chinese, which resulted in murdered spies. Ambassadors weren’t pestered on Twitter; they were left to die. And then, innocent civilians were blamed for videos and imprisoned. What? Nothing? How about the active bugging of journalists’ homes, computers, and their parents’ homes? Still nothing?

And where was the media? Where were the righteous government workers and whistleblowers appalled at the president’s behavior? There were some. They were just fired, prosecuted, or imprisoned. Where was the investigation by Congress into the abuses of power and corruption? Nowhere. In fact, these same folks will, with a straight face, say that the Obama administration was “scandal-free.” Of course it was. Everyone was in on the scandal. The media actively covered for President Obama and still do.

Just this past week, the AFP published a story about all the kids locked in cages. Over 100,000! All the major news agencies picked it up. And then it was discovered that the story, a hit piece ostensibly on President Trump, was describing conditions at the border in 2015. Those poor, poor children were locked up by President Precious. Mustn’t hurt the precious. So, they didn’t correct the story. AFP deleted it. And so did everyone else.

Where were the talking heads intoning about the inhumanity? Suddenly very, very quiet.

President Obama was a divisive, corrupt, childish, narcissistic president, and there was no investigation. No digging for evidence. No 99 percent negative press coverage. A no-talent do-nothing community organizer with zero skills and a scant résumé made it into the Oval Office and was fawned over for eight years.

It wasn’t just his own party or the media. So-called conservatives like David Brooks liked the crease in Obama’s pants. Peggy Noonan praised him. The standard-bearers of conservative commentary carefully criticized him, if they did at all, lest they be accused of racism.

These same folks loved Jeb! and Marco Rubio and disliked Ted Cruz. They disliked Ted Cruz enough that they preferred Donald Trump over him.

President Trump is a terrible Republican. It’s true. Unlike most Republicans, he keeps his campaign promises. He reduced taxes. He attempted to get rid of Obamacare with Congress and did everything he could do by executive order when the GOP couldn’t get its act together. He reduced illegal immigration. His administration is rounding up pedophiles around the world. He made an environment safe for jobs by reducing regulation. He’s minimized American involvement in conflict. He’s sought to end needless interventions. He’s armed friends (Ukraine, Poland, Israel) and restrained enemies. He’s stopped playing games with the Palestinians and cut off aid. He moved the American embassy to Jerusalem. He removed America from the idiotic Paris Accords and the even dumber Iran Deal. Against an entitled bureaucratic morass, he has attempted to fulfill the wishes of his constituents, and in the process the economy has soared and families and businesses are thriving.

And Trump fights. That’s the main way he’s not Republican. He doesn’t cower in fear in front of a ravenous media. He raves back.

No one is used to this behavior from a Republican. Trump acts like a Democrat — keeping promises and pushing forward. To be a good Republican is to know his place: quavering, unsure of his convictions, fearful of being called racist, sexist, homophobic, and generally evil (so a normal Republican acts: as Democrat as possible in an attempt to be loved — it never works). Trump refuses to play that game. He doesn’t care if he’s loved by the “haters and losers.” He wants to get things done.

Republican voters, so used to being maligned, are loving winning. They know that the media, Democrats, and anti-Trumpers don’t care about corruption. Not really. Because if they did, the Obama administration would have been under constant scrutiny. It wasn’t. Every bad decision and bad action wasn’t just ignored; it was often cheered. The results were disastrous to the economy, to families, to foreign enterprises. No one seemed to care then.

Like the climate activist jetting around and lecturing everyone, the newfound D.C. concern about corruption, overreach, violated norms, and general political nastiness is self-serving. Those who spent the Obama years lecturing their lessers and now decry being insulted might consider looking inward. But they’re not. They’re excusing the Bidens’ and Clintons’ trading favors, enriching themselves, and being utterly corrupt.

Why should any American voter, never mind a Republican, pay one bit of attention to the impeachment fiasco and take it seriously? As more “facts” come out, the narrative helps Trump. One bureaucrat after another dislikes him, his style, his decisions. D.C. screams, “Corruption!”

Republicans’ response to this newfound concern? If you want to clean up the political climate, how about you start with your own house?

You first.

Posts: 12704 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 11/25/19

No description. This is a "Best of" segment. Starts at 00:00 and runs to 16:13.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A QUESTION... I almost started a thread to ask, but I'm not looking to start an in depth discussion and didn't know if it's already been covered here.

When Clinton was being impeached, were they running it live on TV? Not CSPAN or even cable news, but live on broadcast Tv? (on multiple channels, preempting the regularly scheduled programing)

I was on vacation last week, the one week a year I watch a little Tv and noticed that two of the OTA channels were running it live.

I don't remember that for Clinton, but I would have been at work and wouldn't have known anyway. Just wondering if anyone has a recollection?

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
When Clinton was being impeached, were they running it live on TV?

I think so- I remember watching the Pope arrive in Cuba and they cut to Monica Lewinski with "Breaking News".

I'm thinking it was a big thing the Pope arriving in that communist hell hole and the women in the blue dress took the news lead from him.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If you're anti-Trump, you hate you're obviously pro-animal cruelty.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ng/story?id=67295654

Animal cruelty has officially become a federal felony after President Donald Trump signed the bill into law on Monday afternoon.

The bipartisan bill, Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act, criminalizes certain acts of animal cruelty. The bill was passed in the Senate by unanimous decision on Nov. 5 after being approved in the House in late October.

"Passing this legislation is a major victory in the effort to stop animal cruelty and make our communities safer," Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., said earlier this month when the bill, which Toomey sponsored along with Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., passed in the Senate. "Evidence shows that the deranged individuals who harm animals often move on to committing acts of violence against people. It is appropriate that the federal government have strong animal cruelty laws and penalties."

The bill, introduced in the House by Rep. Ted Deutch, D-Fla., and Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla., is an expansion on the 2010 Animal Crush Video Prohibition Act, which made the creation and distribution of "animal crushing" videos illegal.

The underlying acts, which were not included in the 2010 bill, are part of the PACT Act.

It will make it a federal crime for "any person to intentionally engage in animal crushing if the animals or animal crushing is in, substantially affects, or uses a means or facility of, interstate or foreign commerce," according to a fact sheet of the bill.

After Senate approval, the bill was sent to the president's desk for signature.

(MORE: House passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony)
"I’m deeply thankful for all of the advocates who helped us pass this bill, and I look forward to the Senate’s swift passage and the president’s signature," Deutch said in a statement when the House first passed the bill on Oct. 22.

The historic law was also praised by the president and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, Kitty Block, and the head of the Humane Society Legislative Fund, Sara Amundson.

"PACT makes a statement about American values. Animals are deserving of protection at the highest level," Block said in a statement. "The approval of this measure by the Congress and the president marks a new era in the codification of kindness to animals within federal law. For decades, a national anti-cruelty law was a dream for animal protectionists. Today, it is a reality."

"After decades of work to protect animals and bearing witness to some of the worst cruelty, it’s so gratifying the Congress and president unanimously agreed that it was time to close the gap in the law and make malicious animal cruelty within federal jurisdiction a felony," Amundson said. "We cannot change the horrors of what animals have endured in the past, but we can crack down on these crimes moving forward. This is a day to celebrate."

ABC News' Kelly McCarthy contributed to this report.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_g4akG0WE

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
seen at CTH

Schiff sent Nadler a letter

https://www.documentcloud.org/...uiryLettertoHJC.html

in it Schiff wrote:

So now DEMs will just "infer" charges against President Trump. This DEM impeachment is beyond a doubt the most outrageous abuse of political power I have ever witnessed.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
"Animal crushing"? Good Lord, I don't even want to know what that is. What kind of sick f*ck would engage in or find that entertaining?

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
"Animal crushing"? Good Lord, I don't even want to know what that is. What kind of sick f*ck would engage in or find that entertaining?

Yes, about the only animals I’d like to see crushed are the Leftists, and then only metaphorically next November. PDJT has manage a lot of great stuff in spite of the Dim-controlled house. Just imagine what he can do in the next four years with a Republican House and Senate! The Leftist meltdowns will be priceless.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Animal cruelty has officially become a federal felony after President Donald Trump signed the bill into law on Monday afternoon.

A federal felony? Seriously? I guess I'll be the odd man out. We all can agree that animal cruelty is abhorrent and in many ways even lessens our humanity, but this is absurd. The federal government should not be making these laws. Animals aren't people.

I can murder someone, and the State will prosecute me. But if I abuse an animal, the federal government is the only one capable of prosecuting that crime? This law is a very bad idea. But that's just my opinion of course; I'm sure it's not shared by many, but there it is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's move on

Posts: 107647 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Roger that.

I'll say the ceremony with Conan was pretty awesome. That dog looked as proud and happy as can be, like he couldn't wait to chase down his next bad guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post