SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Biden talking to 80 supporters.

Biden added that although many of the president's supporters are motivated by prejudice, there "are still a lot of people out there who are afraid"

So we're either racist or afraid... Roll Eyes I prefer deplorable!

I love how the Dems can't admit that regular voters may just not like them. No, they have to be afraid, made to do it by their husbands, racist, etc.

Medic451 that meme of the K9 wanting his bone back had me rolling! Big Grin

I just cannot believe that the majority of Democrats approve of the extreme leftward swing of the party. At what point do the ones with a couple brain cells left, look at the clown show the Dems have in congress, and all the left wing whack jobs they have running for President, and decide that they can't be a part of it anymore?

The left has gone so far as to figuratively lick the balls of a dead terrorist to demonstrate their hatred of President Trump. Thats how far gone they are, and theres no coming back to normalcy for them.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3451 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUhpkjeHxvM

I saw this video on TV last night. Eric Bolling left Fox News and now works for Sinclair.

He lost his son to opioid in 2017 and President Trump called him with his condolences and later on Thanksgiving.

Sinclair host Eric Bolling has joined a NASDAQ-listed anti-opioid organization as chairman and president in an effort to combat the opioid crisis following the loss of his son, Eric Chase Bolling.

Bolling announced his new mission in an article for USA Today, Monday, where he discussed the loss of his son to fentanyl-laced Xanax in 2017.

“Opioid overdoses kill more than 130 people per day in the United States, the equivalent of a daily plane crash. Yet where’s the outrage? America is negligent in the national opioid death epidemic,” Bolling declared. “Maybe that’s because we have always felt drug overdoses are about shady dealers and addicts shooting up in dark alleys. I have news for you. Opioids are crossing paths with your sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, parents and co-workers as you read this.”

Bolling then announced, “This September, on the two-year anniversary of Eric’s death, I joined JanOne as chairman and president. The company’s name reflects the new beginnings and clean starts we make on the first of the year. I am committed to bringing solutions to the opioid epidemic forward from this platform.”

“I plan to bring in doctors and researchers to find ways to combat a deadly killer in opioids. We will be developing strategies to save lives through nonaddictive alternatives to opioids. We will assess recovery systems and their efficacy (not their profitability),” he explained, adding, “We want to remove the stigma of opioid addiction so no other parents have to live the tragic nightmare I am living.”

“All proceeds from my participation in JanOne are going directly into The Eric Chase Foundation I created to bring awareness of the deadly opioid epidemic. This way, Eric Chase will be saving lives, even if his couldn’t be saved,” Bolling proclaimed, before proposing January as “National Opioid Awareness Month.”

According to Bolling, he will “be meeting with Jim Carroll, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, as well as the president and first lady to discuss this idea and others.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/...fight-this-epidemic/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Until the penalties for drug peddling are made harsh enough there will always be those willing to accept the risk in order to get the big money, or their next "fix".

The ones peddling drugs for money should be treated HARSHLY. As in death penalty.

Why send them to some so-called prison so they can get what amounts to a graduate degree in drug dealing?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm retired from the dept of corrections, so I've worked around druggies for many years. As a parent I feel for Bolling & anyone else who has lost someone to drug abuse, but our war on drugs has been going on for decades & rather than seeing an improvement, I see it getting worse. And passing out free Narcan like M&Ms to every druggie isn't helping anything.

We've thrown unimaginable amounts of money at the problem, and there are enough programs out there that with a minimum amount of effort, anyone who actually wants help with a drug problem can easily find it. All this information readily available.

Someone with an addictive personality will always find something to get high on, whether it's heroin or sniffing paint, and no amount of money, or no new program is going to stop them if they don't take responsibility for themselves.

(End of rant)

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/realDonald.../1189172468159864832

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Winning!

And I'm guessing the entire staff at the WaPo is going to have to take a mourning-day.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Headlines on Drudge indicate the depravity of the cartels. Terminate the supply and the demand with extreme prejudice. Electric bleachers.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-chased-al-baghdadi/

A US official confirms that the dog used in the Baghdadi raid is a Belgian Malinois. FYI: Same breed as Cairo, the dog used in the Bin Laden raid

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley gave an update on the dog’s health during a press conference Monday.

“The dog is still in theater. The dog, the K-9, the military working dog performed a tremendous service as they all do in a variety of situations. Slightly wounded, and fully recovering, but the dog is still in theater, returned to duty with its handler,” Milley said

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...achment-proceedings/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) have introduced a resolution condemning the Democrats’ secret impeachment

The measure has 50 Republican cosponsors.

Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT), Susan Collins (R-ME), and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) do not support it.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...achment-proceedings/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) have introduced a resolution condemning the Democrats’ secret impeachment

The measure has 50 Republican cosponsors.

Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT), Susan Collins (R-ME), and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) do not support it.

That fucking traitor Romney can't be voted out fast enough for me. I hope he never gets another chance to serve in any elected office after this.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I respect Collins (see her speech related to the Kavenaugh hearings), have no respect for Murkowski (related to the same issue), but contempt for Romney. I don’t say that lightly.

Posts: 18079 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
House Democrats Release Text Of Thursday Impeachment Resolution

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...peachment-resolution

House Democrats have released the text of an impeachment resolution currently scheduled for a Thursday vote. On Monday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the legislation is aimed at 'affirming the ongoing, existing investigation that is currently being conducted by our committees.'

According to the resolution, the three Democratic-led impeachment panels are directed to continue their probes into the Trump administration's interactions with the Ukrainian government to determine whether a quid pro quo or other impeachable offenses have been committed.

It also allows the GOP to "question witnesses for equal specified periods of longer than five minutes" for up to 90-minute sessions. Still, Democrats will be able to deny witnesses. If that happens,

"...the ranking minority member may submit to the chair, in writing, any requests for witness testimony relevant to the investigation described in the first section of this resolution within 72 hours after notice is given for the first hearing."

It also allows Republicans to subpoena witnesses and materials related to their inquiries - which Democrats have the right to decline. If that happens, Republicans can appeal to the committee to hold a vote - which should be predictable given Democratic control of the House.

So, while this diminishes Republican claims that they are being denied due process, Democrats will ultimately control who testifies, and what can be subpoenaed.

Furthermore, "The chair is authorized to make publicly available in electronic form the transcripts of depositions conducted by the Permanent Select Committee," which is no guarantee that will happen.

Once the investigations are complete, "The Permanent Select Committee is directed to issue a report" setting forth their findings, "and any recommendations" regarding impeachment. The report "shall be prepared in consultation with the chairs of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Committee on Oversight and Reform.

Moreover, the resolution "authorizes the Committee on the Judiciary to conduct proceedings relating to the impeachment inquiry ... including such procedures as to allow for the participation of the President and his counsel."

(Actual text of 8 pages at the link)

Posts: 12703 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't vote for that Resolution.

I suspect the Republicans in the House will not vote for it either.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Just kicking the can down the street.

Posts: 3461 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The resolution is about as bad as was feared.

All power still in hands of Schiff. Schiff will release what he wants. This reminds me of the DEM "jam it down their throats" approach to obamacare.

posted Hide Post
Yup, a very "fair" process...

Republicans can call any witnesses they want...subject to Schiff's approval. Subpoena anyone...subject to Schiff's approval. Have equal questioning time, subject to limitations by Schiff.

Sounds legit! Roll Eyes

In spite of that; I'm sure if the "whistleblower" Roll Eyes is included on the Republican's witness list by lucky coincidence or educated guess (which they wouldn't know, only Schiff and his staff know), he would totally approve that and let the witness testify!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen this before:

The Inquisition

I suspect that they are already drafting the "report".

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
One good thing about all the investigations going on in DC is that I haven't heard about any significant legislation passing.

Trump is busy deregulating, and Congress is too preoccupied with their 74 different investigations to pass more bad laws.

With a divided Congress, I wouldn't expect much to pass in any case, but there is always seems to be some ridiculous "bipartisan" comprehensive turd that seems to make its way through. Luckily, the investigations have put an end to that it seems.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
One good thing about all the investigations going on in DC is that I haven't heard about any significant legislation passing.

To the extent I’ve been following any of this, it was something that occurred to me as well, and got me to wondering, “What are those legislators doing to earn their keep?” Not that I’m complaining, mind. I’m reminded that during the previous Administration people here would sometimes whine about the President’s not doing anything. Well, I for one didn’t want him doing a dam’ thing, and would have been happier if he had spent every day on the golf course.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ns-from-republicans/

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) prevented Republicans from asking impeachment probe witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the White House’s top Ukraine expert, some questions at his closed-door deposition in the Capitol basement Tuesday.

Jordan, who witnessed Vindman’s deposition, said he could not go into explicit detail about the questions Schiff blocked. The Ohio lawmaker, however, explained to reporters:

When we asked [Vindman] who he spoke to after important events in July. Adam Schiff said, “No, no, no” we’re not going to let him answer that question. Even though at the start of every one of these depositions … he says, “This is not classified.”