SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
JOE WALSH: Eighty to 90 percent of my audience supports the president. I just found out I lost my national radio show. So, that’s gone. I figured that might happen, John.

BERMAN: You lost it why?

WALSH: I don’t know why.
You don't know why?? You just said it, pinhead!! "Eighty to 90 percent of my audience supports the president." FFS! Roll Eyes

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
JOE WALSH: Eighty to 90 percent of my audience supports the president. I just found out I lost my national radio show. So, that’s gone. I figured that might happen, John.

You don't know why?? You just said it, pinhead!! "Eighty to 90 percent of my audience supports the president." FFS! Roll Eyes

What a jackass, the answer is staring him in the mirror but he's too full of himself to know it.

Does he think Salem Broadcasting is running a charity for him so he can have a radio show? No market share, no radio show, buh bye.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Goddamn right. It's been thirty years since we've had a President who truly cares about this nation and its people, and fuck every last one of the whiners, blind fools and turncoats who don't like it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just going from memory, here, I think any person running for national office is going to lose any broadcast program they are on, as the FEC would require any opponent to get equal time on the air. The guy is a mental midget if he thought he could keep his show during his campaign.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ IIRC, the "equal time" requirement went over the cliff back in the 1980s. Now it's all up to who will pay.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ IIRC, the "equal time" requirement went over the cliff back in the 1980s. Now it's all up to who will pay.

flashguy

You are thinking of the Fairness Doctrine that is no longer in effect.

The Equal Time Rule is still in effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-time_rule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_Doctrine

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goddamn right. It's been thirty years since we've had a President who truly cares about this nation and its people, and fuck every last one of the whiners, blind fools and turncoats who don't like it.

The President has already sized up these clowns Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Just going from memory, here, I think any person running for national office is going to lose any broadcast program they are on, as the FEC would require any opponent to get equal time on the air. The guy is a mental midget if he thought he could keep his show during his campaign.
Yeas, the equal time rule. You're correct, but tell me this- if 80 to 90% of your audience supports the President, and you start saying the most vile shit about the President, do you think such a rule even matters?

That jackass didn't go out and announce his run for POTUS. He went out and announced that he was going to be committing career suicide, and that's exactly what he did.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

If ever I were to get a tattoo Big Grin

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Yeas, the equal time rule. You're correct, but tell me this- if 80 to 90% of your audience supports the President, and you start saying the most vile shit about the President, do you think such a rule even matters?

That jackass didn't go out and announce his run for POTUS. He went out and announced that he was going to be committing career suicide, and that's exactly what he did.

That's exactly right. If it weren't for the one reason, it would've been for the other. Either way, the guy is a total moron. But that was pretty evident beforehand anyway.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The DNC decided not to hold a primary debate for 2020 DEM candidates on climate change.

But CNN has announced it will hold a seven hour town hall on climate change.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...own-hall-is-n2552283

Each of the 10 candidates will be given 40 minutes to discuss their plans to address climate change

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People have the attention span of fruit flies. A seven hour town hall will be a monumental snoozefest. Bring your jammies and banky.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Meh. None of their "plans" would do anything to conquer Climate Change. The Climate will do what it wants to, and humankind has very little to do with it. In any case, the US is just one agent in the great debate, and others are doing a lot more of the "questionable" actions than we are. It will make no difference at all for us here in the US to "decarbonize". If folks really want to reduce the CO2 in the air, just plant more greenery. (Grasses do more than trees, BTW.)

I'm all for reducing pollution, but CO2 is NOT a pollutant--it is food for green plants, which convert it to carbohydrates and oxygen. Botanists have been saying for years that we need more CO2, not less. (And more green plants.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'm all for reducing pollution, but CO2 is NOT a pollutant--it is food for green plants, which convert it to carbohydrates and oxygen. Botanists have been saying for years that we need more CO2, not less. (And more green plants.)

flashguy
My friend...this will eventually be you if you think you're gonna convince some Libtard Demoshit of the above:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

That's cruel...and unusual!

- John Adams

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Boris Johnson seems to have been encouraged to be bold.

He went to the Queen today through some pro-Brexit members of the Privy Council, seeking to suspend Parliament and stop the endless waffling.

The Queen agreed and granted his request, ordering suspension (prorogue). LINK

Now, the dithering and heckler”s veto may find its end.

Watch now for the globalists to mount an attack on the Queen. I suspect the opposition will throw a hissy fit what with the Queen thinking she’s a sovereign or something. OOhh. Do they hate that word.

It’s nice to see some confident leadership at the tiller again. Maybe Boris Johnson will show the strength and confidence for which his country is known.

I hope he feels a reassuring hand in the leadership of President Trump. It looks like their G7 meeting may have given the Prime Minister a economic clarity.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

That's cruel...and unusual!

Sad but even more so because not one them will know what they're talking about.

Scientist do not agree but they'll waste hours jabbering on as they self-report their ignorance.

Why not have a long debate with real scientists so people could learn something.

Why is it that we never hear major contra-facts like: the US is not now warming and humans contribute very little to CO2 levels and how the falderal is really about how to get the US to redistribute trillions in US wealth to other countries through such things as the Paris Climate Accords - just to name a few? LINK

When it takes them so many hours, maybe the reason is they have to blow a lot of smoke to sell their warming religion to the weak-minded.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Chinese are sad pandas over tariffs.

The Leverage of Dependency – Chinese Manufacturers Admit Without U.S. Market They Collapse…

quote:
An interesting article in the South China Morning Post outlines how Chinese companies producing everything from canned mandarin oranges, to mid and high-tier furniture, cannot sustain a business model without access to the U.S. market.

Their problem?…

In essence, when they established their decades-old business model the overwhelming majority of their manufacturing was/is contingent on U.S. buyers.

Right now those Chinese companies are praying the CCP central government keeps devaluing their currency, because U.S. purchasers, including wholesalers and intermediaries, have told those manufacturers they will not pay the import duties.

Apparently, U.S. corporate buyers are leveraging the pressure applied by President Trump – a remarkable dynamic.

Trump was right AGAIN....tariffs will work and the Chinese are getting a taste of all their previous economic treachery.

Tell me again, who thinks these tariffs are a bad idea? Short-sighted losers, assholes in China's pocket, and pussies who can't take a little heat in the short term to make things YUGELY better in the long term.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
Boris Johnson seems to have been encouraged to be bold.

He went to the Queen today through some pro-Brexit members of the Privy Council, seeking to suspend Parliament and stop the endless waffling.

The Queen agreed and granted his request, ordering suspension (prorogue). LINK

Now, the dithering and heckler”s veto may find its end.

Watch now for the globalists to mount an attack on the Queen. I suspect the opposition will throw a hissy fit what with the Queen thinking she’s a sovereign or something. OOhh. Do they hate that word.

It’s nice to see some confident leadership at the tiller again. Maybe Boris Johnson will show the strength and confidence for which his country is known.

I hope he feels a reassuring hand in the leadership of President Trump. It looks like their G7 meeting may have given the Prime Minister a economic clarity.

Did you notice that he got a hair cut! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post