SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So IF Biden is leading Trump on all the Polls then why can't he get more than 12 people to attend his rallies?

Building momentum. A couple weeks ago, it was only 10.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When it comes to the "press", it's 2016 all over again. That's all you should need to know.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It's nothin'until the polls show Biden UP by 218%.

Remember: The escalator ride was the first day of Trump's failed presidency.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I just watched Jeanine Pirros' opening statement about the border mess and how many in Congress are aiding this invasion from the South. She suggested twice we need to "fire all of Congress". We should at a minimum fire those who are opposing the President in fixing the problem. Is there a way we can actually fire these worthless bastards and replace them PDQ? Are we stuck with these law breaking, America haters untill they can be voted out? Because there certainly needs to be a means for the people to rectify our own Government Officials as our enemy. Got any ideas?

You have no say in who I elected to represent my interests here in Utah just like I have no right to demand a representative in San Francisco be thrown out of office willy nilly because his politics differ from mine. I mean seriously, what are you saying, man?

I think he is right that we should fire at least a lot of Congress. To the best of my knowledge, there are two ways that can happen: a) The constituents of each of the problem, congress critters can come to their senses and replace them with someone better, or b) The constituents of the problem congress critters can get really pissed and recall and replace them ahead of schedule. The problem is that a majority of those of their constituents who vote have to agree that they are a problem. The Lame Stream Media is not helping us at all with that education...

ETA: We should cure cancer too, but I’m not holding my breath for that either.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Democrats worry as Trump unleashes money on 2020 digital ads
By BRIAN SLODYSKO

AP > https://www.apnews.com/e5ebdd6...4571865a100c6362aadb

"WASHINGTON (AP) — While Democrats wage a wide open primary , President Donald Trump is blanketing battleground states with online advertising that could help set the narrative heading into the 2020 campaign.

The blitz of ads run recently in states including Michigan, Florida, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania alarms some Democrats. They’re worried by the more than $10 million Trump and his allies have already spent on digital advertising, a drop compared with the $1 billion his campaign could spend by Election Day.

For now, the ads are going largely unanswered as Democrats focus on their primary that’s just getting into full swing. But Trump’s early head start combined with his massive fundraising operation has stirred concern that it could be difficult for the eventual nominee to catch up.

“The real concern here is that Trump is able to have unchallenged positions when it comes to issues that a lot of voters care about,” said Tara McGowan, the founder and CEO of ACRONYM, a progressive group that specializes in digital campaigns. “We are going to see outside (Democratic) groups start to spend with offensive and defensive messages, but I worry that it’s still not going to be enough to compete with the infrastructure the right has.”

..... more

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
When it comes to the "press", it's 2016 all over again. That's all you should need to know.

And so it will be right down to the wire in 2020: phony polls, fake news, lies, suppressed stories, a steady stream of hatred. This is "the press" in America. Whatever you hear from them, you can be sure of only one thing: it's probably false.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Democrat Senator tiring of Democratic lack of action....... if this is repeated by others, a flipping of senate [and hopefully House] seats could result......

Manchin eyes Senate exit
BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 06/13/19 06:00 AM EDT

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is eyeing a possible exit from the Senate, and his decision could be a significant factor in which party controls the majority in 2021.

" But Manchin says he’s deeply irritated with the lack of bipartisan cooperation on Capitol Hill, where passing bills has largely become an afterthought in the 116th Congress.

Manchin noted supporters in West Virginia are pressing him to run for governor next year, and he’s considering it.

“I have people back home that want me to come back and run for governor. We’re looking at all the different plays. I want to make sure whatever time I have left in public service is productive,” he told The Hill.

Asked if he’s happy with how productive he is in the Senate, Manchin replied, “Not at all.”

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/s...hin-eyes-senate-exit

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
there's a good chance that someone (Iran) just fired a torpedo at a tanker...its burning

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
there's a good chance that someone (Iran) just fired a torpedo at a tanker...its burning

It was two tankers that were allegedly attacked.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not one, but two tankers, hit minutes apart.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48619771

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Federal office of the special counsel recommends top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway be "removed from federal service" over alleged Hatch Act violations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...hatch-act-violations

The Office of Special Counsel revealed Thursday that Kellyanne Conway violated the Hatch Act on “numerous occasions,” and recommended that she be removed from federal service.

The OSC in a report released Thursday said that Conway, who serves as counselor to President Trump, violated the Hatch Act by “disparaging Democratic presidential candidates while speaking in her official capacity during television interviews and on social media.

“Ms. Conway’s violations, if left unpunished, would send a message to all federal employees that they need not abide by the Hatch Act’s restrictions. Her actions thus erode the principal foundation of our democratic system—the rule of law,” the OSC said in a statement Thursday, noting that Conway has been a “repeat offender.”

The Hatch Act is a federal law that limits certain political activities of federal employees. The law’s purpose is to ensure federal programs are “administered in a nonpartisan fashion, to protect federal employees from political coercion in the workplace, and to ensure that federal employees are advanced based on merit and not based on political affiliation,” according to the OSC. The office is an independent federal agency that monitors compliance with that law and others. The White House on Thursday blasted the OSC ruling as “unprecedented.”

“The Office of Special Counsel’s (OSC) unprecedented actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process. Others, of all political views, have objected to the OSC’s unclear and unevenly applied rules which have a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees,” special assistant to the president and deputy press secretary Steven Groves said in a statement to Fox News Thursday.

“Its decisions seem to be influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations – and perhaps OSC should be mindful of its own mandate to act in a fair, impartial, non-political manner, and not misinterpret or weaponize the Hatch Act.”

Thank you for your recommendation. NOW F*&K OFF!!!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5400 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Federal office of the special counsel recommends top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway be "removed from federal service" over alleged Hatch Act violations.

Oh FFS. Roll Eyes

I can't stand Kellyanne Conway, but her job is to be a partisan.

She's not exactly an Army PFC spouting off on CNN.

And regarding the torpedoed tankers, the John Bolton in me really wishes those would have been US flagged vessels.

Posts: 20101 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever seen. They just want to shut her up, plain and simple.

Where were they when Obama's people were running their damn mouths even more so than she ever did?

Crickets...

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don't think Kellyanne is going anywhere

she's doing what she's being asked to do and if it pisses off libtards, then I'm all for it

exactly how can you describe a democrat these days without being 'disparaging'?

its an apt description and she's calling them what they are

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I don't think Kellyanne is going anywhere

Nope, she's not going anywhere.

The Dems are scared of her, plain and simple.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Of course she's not going anywhere. This Hatch Act charge is absurd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I thought Mueller said the Office of Special Council was being shuttered? How many special councils are there running around in D.C.?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF is the OSC and where were they while the 3 letter agencies were breaking the law? Why am I spending money on these retards?

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I thought Mueller said the Office of Special Council was being shuttered? How many special councils are there running around in D.C.?

This has nothing to do with Mueller and his band of partisans. This is some other Special Council.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
They have to have a council to oversee the council, etc,etc., all @ taxpayer expense.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post