SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 103
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Embassy Alerts All Americans To Depart Afghanistan "Immediately" As More Provincial Capitals Fall Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Politicians don’t care one iota about us. I was born in ‘48. It seems we’ve had our sons and daughters dying for nothing. I’m 100% a proud American, patriotic to the bone, but sending my kid off to die, get crippled physically & mentally…for what? I’m just tired of this bs, it’s not a politicians child that’s being sent. USA # 1

All too familiar

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks HRK. I thought about Fortunate Son after I put my thoughts down, in fact I’m listening to your post now. Fits perfect. XIBiden sending some of our folks back again for what?

The nimrod was just on TV yesterday saying the Afghans must fight their own battles. I suppose Alzheimer’s kicked in again.

This doofus scares me. I think the world leaders know he’s bonkers and don’t want to say it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Thousands of allied KIA, 20+ years, and billions of dollars later what have we got to show? If we never go back it'll be too soon.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pentagon sends 3,000 troops BACK to Afghanistan.

Those 3,000 troops, part of three infantry battalions, are in addition to the over 650 US service members still currently stationed in Afghanistan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-advance-Kabul.html

Didn't realize it was that many. Sounds like more than just evacuating the embassy, but it is a noble lie that won't trigger the left.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Afghanistan has been referred to as "the graveyard of empires". The US is now in that graveyard too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I've seen this all before. It ends with helicopters evacuating people off the roof of the US Embassy.

Ironically, sleepy Joe was involved back then, too.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Years and years ago I advocated total war short of nukes. I was pretty roundly chastised by more than a few members who explained why total war, short of nukes, wasn't the answer, couldn't be done or shouldn't be done.

So here we are.

Once again.

If we're not willing to start carpet bombing on day one and continue carpet bombing until there's either an unconditional surrender, or nothing and nobody left to carpet bomb, then why go in at all?

Or we could just keeping playing games, playing politics, wasting time, wasting treasure, and especially wasting American lives.

Either go to war or don't. there really isn't a middle ground.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
Pretty sure I've seen this all before. It ends with helicopters evacuating people off the roof of the US Embassy.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As usual Biden completely misjudged the inevitable results of his foreign policy choices. His legacy of being on the wrong side of every foreign policy issue has not changed.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

Biden - less than a month ago:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Yup, they're just another 'JV' team....And they're marching across Afghanistan, seizing control of capitol cites/provinces at will, with little of no resistance! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may go Costco and get some of their microwave popcorn and a case of Dad's Root beer to watch Vietnam 1975 Part Deux play out through Labor Day.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
This doofus scares me. I think the world leaders know he’s bonkers and don’t want to say it.

Amen…I’m always a little apprehensive when September 11 rolls around…but under the “Potato In Chief” with his mental weakness/decline in full view for the world to see (especially the terrorist pieces of shit around the world) my fear of another attack of some sort is going up (maybe not another passenger plane but something just as evil and cowardly Frown . Biden is not cognitive enough to be a leader (we have no idea how many terrorist have slipped in his border debacle) His depth is to lick a fucking ice cream cone or announce to the camera “my butts been wiped”…may God watch over this Republic until 2022. We deserve better than this administration Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Years and years ago I advocated total war short of nukes. I was pretty roundly chastised by more than a few members who explained why total war, short of nukes, wasn't the answer, couldn't be done or shouldn't be done.

So here we are.

Once again.

If we're not willing to start carpet bombing on day one and continue carpet bombing until there's either an unconditional surrender, or nothing and nobody left to carpet bomb, then why go in at all?

Or we could just keeping playing games, playing politics, wasting time, wasting treasure, and especially wasting American lives.

Either go to war or don't. there really isn't a middle ground.

I like the way you think.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Biden will send VP Harris to do 'study' or, be the withdrawal coordinator.

The White House is completely surprised at the pace of the Taliban taking over the country. I need to watch the 1964 movie Dr. Strangelove (or whatever it was really called) so I can see how Washington really thinks and analyzes problems..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
HRK's post with and CCR Fortune Son video reminded me of a couple different stories:

1. A family relative figured he was due to be drafted soon, he decided to join up on his own. Well, the Navy and Air Force were all full up that week, so in the Army he goes. He made sure that typing and excellent typist/file clerk was listed on his skills sheet. He said his goal was to be the best Chaplin's Clerk at Fort Sill Oklahoma. Well the Army does not work that way. Per my relative they find out what you hate and fear the most and give you a job doing it. He feared heights and hated the thought of being shot at so they made him.........a Door Gunner on a Huey.

2. One of my instructors in the Air Force NCO Academy (where you go upon reaching E5 to be "re-blued") was in Saigon at the end. He spoke Patois so he was at our embassy in Saigon listening to radio transmissions from the NVA. The night before the last evac the next day, they had destroyed all the radios, gave him an M16 and put him on the wall with the Marines. That night the Gunny made the rounds and knowing he was an Intell guy, told my instructor, "Don't worry, I will make sure they don't capture. I will do you myself" and the Gunny meant it. My instructor said he told the Gunny than you....and then said can you imagine that when you are 19 years old. My instructor ended up on the third from the last helicopter out. Later on that Instructor was one of the Flight Crew for the plane that flew the first Unknown Soldier from Vietnam to DC. Everyone on the crew had a relative who was Missing In Action for Vietnam (his older brother).

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Muslims are really big on dates and symbolism , how much you wanna bet they capture Kabul on 9/11/2021 while clueless Sleepy Joe mumbles his way through some ceremony? Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The US has officially just lost another war, and ex-vice president Biden has nothing better to do than feed the birds at Camp David.

Critics slam Biden’s long-weekend silence as Afghanistan falls to Taliban
By Steven Nelson and Juliegrace Brufke
August 13, 2021 1:15pm Updated

Republican leaders are slamming President Biden for taking a long weekend out of the public eye as major cities fall to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Biden on Thursday sent 3,000 US troops to Kabul to evacuate US Embassy workers as the Taliban overran Herat and Kandahar, Afghanistan’s second- and third-largest cities — but he hasn’t commented publicly on the crisis since Tuesday.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Friday that Biden “must immediately focus all efforts on making sure there is a plan to safely extract all American service members and civilians still remaining in Afghanistan.”

“He also owes the American public an answer on what he plans to do to make sure the region doesn’t turn into a breeding ground for more violent extremism that will lead to large-scale global attacks of terrorism,” McCarthy said.

Chad Gilmartin, a top aide to McCarthy, tweeted Thursday, “President Biden spent about 48 hours working at the White House this week. Biden returned from Delaware Tuesday afternoon and just departed back to Delaware for another long weekend…”

The president took no questions as he departed the White House on Thursday afternoon for a trip to his home in Wilmington, Del., and he’s expected to remain out of view for days.

Biden on Friday will travel to Camp David in western Maryland to spend the weekend, before returning again to his home in Wilmington, where he may take a vacation break next week.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended Biden’s weekend plans on Wednesday, telling reporters he enjoys the “beautiful scenery there.” He likes watching the cute little squirrels leap about. Roll Eyes

“He likes Camp David. It’s a place to be outside, spend time with family, and certainly has beautiful, beautiful scenery there.”

The commander-in-chief has defended the US departure. On Tuesday, he said the Afghan military is larger and better-armed than the Taliban and that “they’ve got to fight for themselves, fight for their nation.”

The mounting crisis comes as the US prepares to remove most troops by Aug. 31 after 20 years of war. Although the pullout had bipartisan support — and also bipartisan opposition — even supporters of the exit are slamming Biden.

Former President Donald Trump, who set the withdrawal in motion, said Friday, “I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable.”

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Thursday on Fox News that he was in the room when Trump pointedly informed a top Taliban negotiator that “your village” was at risk of retribution if Americans were harmed.

The catastrophe has been seized upon by war hawks who clashed with Trump over Afghanistan policy, including passing restrictions on his power to remove troops in December by overriding his veto.

Leading hawk Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said Thursday, “America’s enemies know that the slogan ‘ending endless war’ actually means unconditional surrender. That is what we are seeing in Afghanistan today. American weakness is dangerously provocative.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Thursday, “President Biden’s decisions have us hurtling toward an even worse sequel to the humiliating fall of Saigon in 1975.”

McConnell added: “President Biden should immediately commit to providing more support to Afghan forces, starting with close air support beyond August 31st. Without it, al Qaeda and the Taliban may celebrate the 20th anniversary of the September 11 attacks by burning down our embassy in Kabul.”

https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/...campaign=android_nyp

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The US has officially just lost another war, and ex-vice president Biden has nothing better to do than feed the birds at Camp David.

He got back from vacation, spent two days at the WH and is leaving for another vacation.

Here's the strategy guys...Beg the Taliban not to overrun the embassy and promise to pay them if they will just spare us.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Reports coming in now that the Taliban is only 30 miles outside of Kabul now, all while Senile Joe is on vacation. Frown

Taliban Now 30 Miles From Kabul As Terrifying "March On Capital" Begins

I'm reminded of Obama's famous quote about the ability of Joe to fuck things up. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post