SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Next time you think it's OK to feel sorry for your situation in life...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Next time you think it's OK to feel sorry for your situation in life... Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted

Fight back.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44460 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God your right.

I cannot imagine being somebody who owns a chihuahua.

Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My girlfriend follows a Facebook page about a cat in New Zealand whose hind end is paralyzed since being hit by a car. "Blackie" uses something like this, and it's good to see how well it gets around.

I suspect this Chihuahua and Blackie both are doing better than I would in the same situation.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine was paralyzed at 18 in a bad car wreck, he never let his lack of use of his legs stop him from doing what he wanted. Sadly, he was burned badly in one of the most bizarre ways I can think of, and it started him downhill, and he died at 60 a few years ago. He was cooking spaghetti sauce on the stove, and ended up spilling it down into his shoe. Instead of calling 911, or one of his 3 brothers, he feeds his dog first, and then decides to call his brother, who took one look at his foot and ankle, and calls 911. He was in the burn unit for weeks, and then in a rehab place for another couple of months. Then his shoulders began causing him issues due to years of wear and tear, and at that point he was in and out of the hospital until he finally died. For me, it was a double hit, as just about the same time he died, I had to put one of my dogs down. I just had gotten home from the vet when his brother called me to tell me he had passed away. 2012 was a really bad year.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Chihuahua is trying to get away from that horrible music

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Chihuahua is trying to get away from that horrible music

Excellent.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There comes a small dog to the Flea Market, on weekends which has its back end fastened into a wheeled contraption. He gets tired as he's older but he motors right along with his Dad.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
That was great! Looked like the little guy was enjoying himself.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself..."

Thanks for posting. Smile

For the rest of the story:

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
God your right.

I cannot imagine being somebody who owns a chihuahua.

Razz

We have had several, 80 pounds of personality in an 8 pound body.

And there is that thing about not needing a big dog if you can defend yourself with your hands. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fire ball , is what I would call her
great vid

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post