SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas supper success and thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas supper success and thoughts Login/Join 
posted
I have no pictures for a change but I did a 4 bone rib roast on the smoker for my brother, my 2 neices, my nephew and their grandmother.
Oak and hickory and it turned out great. Took a while as I tried keeping temperature around 250°.
Some years my brother cooks but after his wife passed a few months ago, I figured I'd get them out of the house and make it easier on them if I could.
It was nice and while the kids played with my dog, I got to go outside, check the smoker and drink with my brother. He didn't have to do anything but show up and eat.
It was odd after 20 years to not see my sister in law and I tried to make my family feel as comfortable as I could.
I could go on but I'll just say Merry Christmas. Enjoy your families being together and be cheerful.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
What a great honor to do this for your brother! Losing a wife is terribly upsetting, and, having your ear and support will do him wonders while he readjusts!

God bless you!!!

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post