SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bout those Indians! 22 in a row!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout those Indians! 22 in a row! Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted
I'm a die hard Reds fan but since they aren't going anyplace I'm on the Cleveland Indians train since they traded for ex-Red, Jay Bruce.

Bruce came up big last night with a double in the 10th to drive in the winning run to extend the win streak to an American League record 22 games.

I always thought a walk off hit was either a single or a home run but I'm glad JB gets credit for a double. Go Tribe!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/...nd-win-streak-to-22/

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
They are just trying to get the last parts of the dress off.

Dodgers are going the other way, Nat's may catch up. Go Nationals!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

^^^ Excellent and fun movie to watch.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14138 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
22 in a row down the stretch for a baseball team is an incredible accomplishment, imo. Different pitcher every night, many times a different lineup. Incredibly hard to have that kind of consistent effort from the whole team.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10554 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Terry Francona here since he was with the Sox. He's a deserving manager IMO. Still want to see the Sox go all the way.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Good movie. Best scene for me was "Wild Thing" girls bouncing around.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This will be a record almost as unbreakable as Joe Dimaggios.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
As unbelievable as the Indians' winning streak is, imagine how the 1988 Baltimore Orioles felt after doing the exact opposite---losing their first 21 games of the season.

Posts: 4556 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Big fan of Terry Francona here since he was with the Sox. He's a deserving manager IMO. Still want to see the Sox go all the way.

AND a University of Arizona alum, where he was a CWS National Championship winner with the Wildcats baseball team! Bear Down

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish they'd lose one, just so I don't have to hear about it anymore. I work with a bunch of sports fans and I could give a twist less. Tired of it before they even made 20.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2782 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Call us when you make 25 consecutive playoff appearances

- Detroit Red Wings

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38188 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The string is over. 4-3 Royals tonight.

BTW, the DiMaggio record I referred to above isn't the 56 game hitting streak, but the 56 years DiMaggio went without once ever picking up the dinner check.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Even when he was at dinner with Marilyn??? That's not only cheap, but confident as well! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Yankees? How you doin'?

Cleveland rocked out of the season...

Anyone see Cinderella?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8652 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post