SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to robot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saudi Arabia grants citizenship to robot Login/Join 
posted
What could possibly go wrong? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sci...bia-world-first.html

"History has been made in Saudi Arabia today as a humanoid robot has been granted citizenship for the first time.

The robot, Sophia, took to the stage at a conference in Riyadh this week to express her delight at being given citizenship, which she described as 'historical..."

Extreme vetting, for instance? Would she need a therapy pet when boarding a plane? Not kidding.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Does she have to wear a burka?

God Bless and Protect Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17541 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good question.

I don't know if now or ever.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's cute.

Non-Royal humans and Women in Saudi Arabia don't even have Human Rights.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thing can get complicated fast.

It's already been predicted that AI can become reasonably soon the equivalent of 1,000 times genius IQ in humans.

Beyond that, can loyalty to a nation by a robot be defined or modified at will?

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
This thing can get complicated fast.

It's already been predicted that AI can become reasonably soon the equivalent of 1,000 times genius IQ in humans.

Beyond that, can loyalty to a nation by a robot be defined or modified at will?

1000 times?

We aren't even at the 1x point, in the most basic terms.

I'm not saying it won't be, some day, I suppose, but soon? 1000x a human (10x, even)?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read it on dailymail this week. Can't find the article now.

Fortunately, no one has predicted "smarts" for AI. But darn...

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
In a monarchy, does it really matter much? In Saudi, can't the king just have the robot's battery removed if he gets upset with it?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
have the robot's battery removed

Big Grin

However, Google has set up an ethics board to oversee its work in artificial intelligence. How 'bout Facebook? Or CNN? Or any person/organization that declares their interest as the prime directive?

Or much much worse, the Yankees hiring AI to replace Girardi?

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
That bitch is creepy.

"We know humans are very programmable."

Where is the plug before this shit gets out of hand?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
....of course they did. Roll Eyes

So apparently the whole world collectively have just left the ranch so to speak.

Say what you want but I swear when they lit that Haydron Collider up years back we all ended up on Mr. Toads Wild ride of the weird multiverse.

The Gypsy....she warned me about this. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7862 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by
Say what you want but I swear when they lit that Haydron Collider up years back we all ended up on Mr. Toads Wild ride of the weird multiverse.

Ya know, I think you're on to something with that.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wait 'til they catch it in a bikini driving a car. Or when some guy rapes it will it be the robot's fault? Think they'll stone it to death or just electrocute it with water balloons?

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jackasses

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
That bitch is creepy.

"We know humans are very programmable."

Where is the plug before this shit gets out of hand?

So, you're saying you wouldn't hit it? Wink Big Grin

Here's what " she'll" look like in SA:

They'll have to make her eyebrows a bit thicker to achieve the desired look.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
oh, I'd totally hit it.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But can she drive a car in Saudi Arabia?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The "interview" with "Sophia" seemed very fake. The interviewer was reading off a script.

Year V

Posts: 2672 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the big deal is. It's already happened in the US.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYa156FKHs

Wink

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Robot probably has a higher I.Q. that than the cumulative I.Q. of the Saudi Royal Family.

Smart move on their part!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20387 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post