SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Sauer USA Firearms???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer USA Firearms??? Login/Join 
posted
I was looking online for a P226 .22cal conversion kit and found one on a site that at first thought was the official Sig site. However when I was completing the order process, for payment it wanted me to use Zelle or Crypto currency (15% off). My BS meter went off and I quickly removed all personal data from my order form. I went back to the site later and that's when I noticed some differences between Sigsauer.com and the site I was on was Sigsauerusafirearms. The suspicious site used the same fonts and colors as Sig has.

Are my suspicions correct that this is a scam site? Anyone ever heard of them? I'm still in the market for a conversion kit for my 226 if anyone knows where I might find one. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 56 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAB:
Are my suspicions correct that this is a scam site?
Most certainly, yes

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Rule #1: sigsauer(anything).com = scam

Rule #2: see Rule #1

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Glad you sniffed it out.

I think if I had been in your shoes, when I smelled a rat, instead of just erasing everything (it may have been saved), I would have replaced it with fictional content. Like George Patton, 222 Funquie Ave.,Westpoint, NY. ~ gspatton@3rdarmee.net etc. etc.

I'm thinking content changed means the info prior to changes gets dumped. While just erasing might be a thing they save so there might still be info there for them to work with in case you back out.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
[url=https://stopgunscams.com/sigsauerusafirearms-com]Scammeroonie[/ul]

Thank you all!! kkina, the link you supplied was especially eye opening. I hope there is a special place in Hell for scammers like I almost fell victim to. And thank you Para for keeping it a tight ship.

Edited to add that I just went back to the site that kkina linked and filed a report on the scammers I almost fell victim to. If anyone is suspicious of doing online business with a firearms seller, I recommend they go to Stopgunscams.com and check them out.

Posts: 56 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28686 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Edited to add that I just went back to the site that kkina linked and filed a report on the scammers I almost fell victim to. If anyone is suspicious of doing online business with a firearms seller, I recommend they go to Stopgunscams.com and check them out.

Good for you!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Glad you didn't order!

Its not just Sig - there is a rugerfirearms dot com, smithandwessonfirearms dot com, marlinfirearms dot com, etc... you get the picture.

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4010 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
It’s not just gun stuff. Always look at the link for anything you do. I get lots of texts from scammers pretending to be something they are not. Latest was text saying there was an issue with a package I ordered from my Amazon account and I needed to click on the attached link to fix it. I don’t have an Amazon account!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2687 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Any time I see any deal online I’m even remotely interested in, I go to the manufacturer’s official website to verify/rule out. I would NEVER click an included link to verify.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait for the day we start reading articles that somebody is going around tossing grenades into these scam houses.

Posts: 1175 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker has one but it is pricey at $650.

Posts: 7076 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post