SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging cslinger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging cslinger Login/Join 
posted
Didn't want to clog that other thread and forgot to ask the last time I saw that photo...What diopter sights are you using on your HW's?

Thanks much!

Posts: 644 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s an Airforce adaptive rear sight. I have them on a few rifles. They are hell for stout and can actually be removed from the mount and used in a scope ring if desired, although I have never tried this. They will also thread other ocular lenses, the stock one is just a cheap plastic one but works fine for my needs.

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...er-3-position?a=2237

All in all I have been very happy with them and they mate up well to the front HW diopter/circle inserts. This combo gives me almost scope like accuracy at 20-30 yards and in some cases better then scope like because I don’t over think/control as much with them vs a scope.

You will probably have to adjust them almost to their bottom out to work but they have worked well for me on …….
2 HW77’s (.177 and .22)
2 HW30’s (.177 and .22)
an HW35 (although not currently using)

Hope this helps.
Take care, shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dig your 98 setup at the top.

How do you like your 50. It’s basically the one Weihrauch I don’t own. I’ve always felt it might fall in too much of a middle point between the 30 and 95 but folks seem to love ‘em with the exception of the cocking stroke which has never bothered me on any rifle.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Yea, that 98 is by far the most accurate break barrel I've ever shot.

My 80 used to be my go to squirrel gun but lugging 8 1/2+ lbs. in the woods got old after a few hours so I picked up the 50. The 30 seemed a little too light for hunting. I like it and it keeps me and the dog fed in the winter. (and its over 2 pounds lighter) I don't pay attention to the cocking force either. Still grab for the 80 if I'm in the yard though. That extra couple hundred fps does make a huge difference.

Names on the wait list at Pyramid to try that sight.

Thanks again!

Posts: 644 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post