SIGforum
I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3840049954

August 14, 2019, 08:03 PM
Angus the Kid
I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol
Honestly. I love the liquid stuff. I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning. I love everything about it from the taste to the consistency.

Can you take too much of this stuff? Any harm in indulging in this pink manna from heaven?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
August 14, 2019, 08:04 PM
RAMIUS
Have your bowel movements turned tarry black?
August 14, 2019, 08:05 PM
mr kablammo
Is it 4-1-20?

https://pepto-bismol.com/en-us/faq

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
August 14, 2019, 08:08 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:

Boy I cant wait for the answer... Maybe he could post a pic. I think we know that Pepto does change the color to grey. I did not know of your interest in Scatology.
August 14, 2019, 08:11 PM
ffips
quote:

Warnings
Pepto-Bismol is typically safe for most people, but you should avoid it if you have certain health conditions. Pepto-Bismol may make them worse. You should not take Pepto-Bismol if you:
  • are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin or NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, and celecoxib)
  • have an active, bleeding ulcer
  • are passing bloody stools or black stools that are not caused by Pepto-Bismol
  • are a teenager who has or is recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms

Bismuth subsalicylate may also cause problems for people with other medical conditions. Before taking Pepto-Bismol, tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions. They can tell you if it’s safe to use Pepto-Bismol. These conditions include:
  • stomach ulcers
  • bleeding problems such as hemophilia and von Willebrand disease
  • kidney problems
  • gout
  • diabetes

Stop taking Pepto-Bismol and call your doctor right away if you have vomiting and extreme diarrhea along with behavior changes such as loss of energy, aggressive behavior, or confusion. These symptoms could be early signs of Reye's syndrome. This is a rare but serious illness that can affect your brain and liver.

You should not use Pepto-Bismol to self-treat diarrhea if you have a fever or stools that contain blood or mucus. If you have these symptoms, call your doctor right away. They could be signs of a serious health condition, such as an infection.

In case of overdose
Symptoms of an overdose of Pepto-Bismol can include:
  • ringing in your ears
  • loss of hearing
  • extreme drowsiness
  • nervousness
  • fast breathing
  • confusion
  • seizures

If you think you’ve taken too much of this drug, call your doctor or local poison control center. If your symptoms are severe, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room right away.

August 14, 2019, 08:14 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Boy I cant wait for the answer... Maybe he could post a pic. I think we know that Pepto does change the color to grey. I did not know of your interest in Scatology.

You actually are to blame for my interest...I keep reading your shitty posts for some reason.
August 14, 2019, 08:33 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
You actually are to blame for my interest...I keep reading your shitty posts for some reason.

HAhaha. I bet you liked the one about Andy Dick. Typical Jersey comeback.
August 14, 2019, 08:34 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
quote:

HAhaha. I bet you liked the one about Andy Dick. Typical Jersey comeback.

Are you drunk or something?
August 14, 2019, 08:36 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Just messing with you. Dont take offense.
August 14, 2019, 08:40 PM
RAMIUS
quote:
Just messing with you. Dont take offense.

Well, in that case. I love you too. Wink
August 14, 2019, 09:23 PM
x0225095
Just spoke with friend whose father took pepto bismol daily on family doctors recommendations. All fine and well till he came down with Parkinson’s like symptoms. Dementia? MS? Brain tumor? Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Couldn’t figure out what it was. His dad was deteriorating quickly. Thought he would die before they figured it out. Finally, Mayo Clinic diagnosed it as bismuth poisoning of all things.

0:01
August 14, 2019, 10:19 PM
egregore
quote:
I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning.

The bismuth poisoning mentioned sounds very probable if you keep it up.
August 14, 2019, 11:03 PM
Balzé Halzé
All my instincts tell me drinking that crap daily is probably not a great idea. Seriously, that's a weird habit, I gotta say.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
August 14, 2019, 11:12 PM
sjtill
Moderation in everything, but especially in Pepto-Bismol. Its working, however, is almost magical. Gas? Cramps? Diarrhea? Gone!
And as that unlamented radio guy Garrison Kiellor said (when he was still funny): his mom gave it to him when he was sick to his stomach, because it made what came up pink and smelled nice.

August 15, 2019, 12:03 AM
Beancooker
Just get some wintergreen lifesavers. Tastes the same as pepto. Also tastes the same as grizzly wintergreen.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
August 15, 2019, 03:45 AM
YooperSigs
Geezus! Ick!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
August 15, 2019, 04:59 AM
Micropterus
You sound like a candidate for the television show, "My Strange Addiction."

August 15, 2019, 05:18 AM
MNSIG
I haven’t taken it in decades, but remember it being disgusting
August 15, 2019, 08:06 AM
Fredward
Just say no to Pepto!
August 15, 2019, 09:34 AM
Warhorse
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Honestly. I love the liquid stuff. I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning. I love everything about it from the taste to the consistency.

Can you take too much of this stuff? Any harm in indulging in this pink manna from heaven?

Eek