SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air line connector quality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air line connector quality Login/Join 
posted
Are there differing qualities of push to connect air line fittings? I had a fitting at work break on me yesterday and I don’t want to buy some cheap garbage that’s just going to break again. It’s for quarter inch OD hose that will carry less than 75 psi of air.

Posts: 1178 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Everyone used these in a large fleet operation, flowed lots of air and held up very well.
https://aluminumairpipe.com/pr...ect-safety-couplers/
https://www.wurthusa.com/Shop-...er-Short/p/069996141

Posts: 1374 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parker brand has been good for me. Kinda pricey, but an industry standard.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Back in the olden days it seemed that every connector manufacturer had their own proprietary specification, they all looked very similar, but none of which would hook up to other brands. Nowadays there has been much standardization and interoperability, but you will still find connectors of the same nominal size from one brand that won't connect with competitor's brands, so be aware of this.

Of course this situation has been replaced with the varying specifications for battery-operated tools, inhibiting competition and raising costs for all.

Posts: 6791 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Parker brand has been good for me. Kinda pricey, but an industry standard.

This is what I'd get.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Go to NAPA. They sell DOT approved air fittings.

Posts: 4698 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Parker & Milton, there could be others that I'm less familiar with. Type M is the common type.
Be sure to use a little teflon tape or sealer on the threads but not too much.

I'd avoid the Chicom stores and unknown brands which are likely Chicom.

They aren't all that expensive or a frequent purchase for most people so I'd be sure to get quality to avoid hissing air connections that keep your compressor cycling or drain you tank.

Posts: 9833 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post