SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DR equipment, any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DR equipment, any good? Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
I have seen ads for DR equipment for years so I am wondering what everybody thinks.
Thinking about a battery powered pole saw.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4143 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just get a Milwaukee pole saw. Plenty of reviews. Never had a pole saw but all their other cordless tools have been great and I have never had a battery to give up the ghost.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mi...0937288537&gclsrc=ds

Posts: 12764 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
nope...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
We got DRs-+ high wheel string trimmer for heavy duty hillside & drain ditch bank use, elsewhere on our little 1.2 acre estate. It's been excellent. Had to tune it up twice, change oil a few times, replace the front ball/spinner device.

Got to palavering about 'how long have we had it'....looked up our saved documents/owners manual.....it's been in heavy duty service 3 seasons/year since 2001!!!

I bought one of DRs inertial log splitter...the ELECTRIC model...3 years ago. Very impressive, no breakdowns.

Good designs, well engineered, good materials, good dealer support if needed.

Don't know nothing about no pole trimmer.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My only experience with DR is fixing other people's walk-behind string trimmers.

Based on that limited exposure, I wouldn't have one on the place.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a 1995 vintage DR ‘Field & Brush Mower’. I’ve done some minor repairs but it’s still going strong.

Posts: 6197 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My dad bought an older model DR brush mower probably 10 years ago, it was probably 10 years old at the time. He had to replace the transmission on it, surprisingly, the parts were still available, and the company walked him through the whole process (the guy said it was better to keep the old one than buy a new one, they were better built). So the new equipment is likely not great, but they do seem to stand behind their stuff...

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been very pleased with the DR purchases I have made. Tow behind brush mower mowing 10 acres for 3 years now. Changed oil, lubed bearings and sharpened blades.
Smallish wood chipper: Two autumns of tree branches and leaves.
Driveway grader: 1500 foot gravel sloped driveway maintenance. Only had for a year, but so far, no complaints. I would buy other equipment from them in the future.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post