Frankly, they are serving some of the best food in Miami. (And my ice cream, of course)
(Miami has a terrible restaurant scene, for the most part - varies from mediocre to inedible for the most part.)
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
Hotels? Those flyers you sometime see in the rooms that list places to eat. I use them when out of town, they usually have 10% of when mentioned. Don't know if the cafe delivers, but that would help sales also.
Posts: 2018 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
The special last night was oxtail. I had it with Moro and sweet plantains.
I should have poured the oxtail over the Moro.
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
The food is always good - the oxtail was incredible.
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
I can’t help but notice everywhere I drive around my area of Florida has what look like multiple 1,000+ apartment complexes being built. For any business, I would think targeting the new people moving to Florida would pay big dividends. Those folks probably don’t know all great places or aren’t set in particular patterns yet.
Posts: 14927 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007
State how amazing the oxtail was in a review.. describe it thoroughly, and note how wonderful your service was…on TripAdvisor, on their Facebook page, on Google… lots of people look at these sites when they travel to see where to eat. I don’t know how big cabbing it is down there versus Uber etc. but you could potentially advertise there (I’m not sure about the budget). Anytime I go out of town if I have to grab a cab/Uber I’ll always ask where is it good to eat/ look for ads in the vehicle. Someone else mentioned hotels, too. If your building is in a local business district, maybe notify folks in the area to stop and eat over lunch? Maybe those local to the specific neighborhood area can get a little bit of a discount for their first visit?
To be honest, I generally ignore discounts. If I see discount flyers, groupons, etc. I usually figure it's not a great place and it's failing. Good restaurants only need a short time and word of mouth.
I'd say to just tell everyone you know and if you have Facebook or other social media post about it to your friends. If it's really that good it will spread quickly.
These go to eleven.
Posts: 12649 | Location: The Villages, Florida | Registered: November 14, 2006
Originally posted by frayedends: To be honest, I generally ignore discounts. If I see discount flyers, groupons, etc. I usually figure it's not a great place and it's failing. Good restaurants only need a short time and word of mouth.
I'd say to just tell everyone you know and if you have Facebook or other social media post about it to your friends. If it's really that good it will spread quickly.
A better website with menu and pictures. More reviews as has been mentioned, I saw only one on Yelp. Condominium building on Collins Avenue might not be parking friendly. Is there parking, is it free?
Posts: 615 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015
For one, facebook ads, and of course targeted to those in the specific area. Like it or not, the book of faces has impressive data to any area you wish.
There have been several in my area that used that only and got more traffic enough to keep them busy.
Like it or not, people today don't read printed media and rely on what they see online. .
Posts: 12267 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009
$20-35, without drinks. Miami has pretty well hit NYC pricing, just much nicer.
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
Posts: 6919 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007
Tell two friends, who tell two friends, and so on and so on.
Comp some meals to concierges at surrounding hotels and those at the hotels who cater to the sorts of people whom you wish to attract.
That will go a lot farther than coupons... which tend to attract Karens.
_________________________ NRA Endowment Member _________________________ "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
Posts: 5847 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012
Good food is usually its own best advertising. Word of mouth will spread it around.
________________________________________________________ It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
Posts: 23113 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010