SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Mormon Wedding Massacre...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mormon Wedding Massacre... Login/Join 
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted
This is not about Politics Or Religion. It's about the Drug Cartels representing a Clear and Present Danger to the United States.
I don't see it on CNN or Fox, yet...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...northern-Mexico.html

Mormon wedding massacre: Three American mothers and at least six of their children are EXECUTED by drug cartel gunmen in Mexico on the way to a wedding and their bodies are left in burned out SUVs

At least nine U.S. citizens, including six children, who live in the Mexican border state of Sonora were killed in a shooting attack Monday
Rhonita Maria LeBaron, reportedly died along with her twin 6-month-old babies and her two other children aged 10 and 12
Also killed were Christina Langford Johnson, Dawna Langford and two of Dawna's children
Seventeen family members from the LeBarons and Langford families - who are related - were traveling in a caravan of three cars to a wedding
According to relatives, drug cartel gunman opened fire and torched vehicles as victims burned to death
One child tried to run away but was gunned down while others escaped and hid on the nearby roadside
A boy hid his wounded siblings in the bushes and ran to the nearby town to get help after his mother was shot

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Current headline on Fox.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14147 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I wonder why they were living in Mexico? That border region seems to have a bad reputation for many years, senseless violence.

Like those that go hiking near Iran & wonder why they got kidnapped?

Not saying they deserved it, but how about a smallish town in Utah to raise a family?

Posts: 6392 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they were doing mission work?

Also, it's one of the lead stories on the Today Show this morning.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
They may have been missionaries.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2872 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m wondering what set the whole thing off; did they witness something? A case of mistaken identity? Or was a family member involved with something that ended up getting the entire group targeted out of proximity? It seems like cartel murderers usually have a motive in their actions that would rule out random execution of strangers.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The (poorly written) story states that family members moved to mexico in the 1920s to escape persecution in the US for polygamy.

I surmise that these murdered Americans were visiting mexico to attend a wedding of members of their family who live in that shithole country.

This is a terrible thing but it was pretty avoidable. Have your weddings in the US.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LeBaron name is very common among the fundamental churches that are not a part of what people know as the LDS church. Basically I am referring to those who still practice polygamy. With the mention of 3 car caravans, and the number of people involved, I would bet that this is a large group of polygamist families living together on either a compound, or in a small polygamist community. I am not sure what Mexico's stance is on their religion, but I can't see it being too much of a priority for them.

Posts: 249 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if this was random violence or if it was related to cartel business. Maybe with all the media attention the story will come out.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see it on CNN or Fox, yet...

Fox is saying the victims were caught in a cartel crossfire. I'ma scratchin me head wondering if they were the targets or victims.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4590 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LeBarons are an infamous name, specifically Ervil LeBaron, who ordered the killing of members of other sects. None of them are LDS, or "mormons," but off-shoots with their own cults started in self-proclaimed "mormonism." None of them had anything to do with the LDS church.

A little research will show a very twisted history of sects from the Lebaron families in Mexico, various churches that Ervil and his brother started, and offshoots from those, and competitors, with numerous hits, murders, killings, and even a town burned to the ground, between them. Ervil was extradited out of Mexico and died in Prison in the US, but the history of murders and hits back and forth between these groups has continued to go on for some time.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
family was not 'tourists caught in a cross fire'

long-time Mormons have been there for many years

there is a lot more to this story which I am curious if it comes out in the media

as mentioned - it doesn't fit the 'sound bite' usual template of Mexico cartel violence

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Heard on radio this AM that this extended family might have been targeted by cartels due to history of refusing to cooperate with cartel moving drugs across the border...

Whatever the reason, its horrible.

JB

quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
family was not 'tourists caught in a cross fire'

long-time Mormons have been there for many years

there is a lot more to this story which I am curious if it comes out in the media

as mentioned - it doesn't fit the 'sound bite' usual template of Mexico cartel violence

------------------------------

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Stay focused folks...

The reason they were there, or their history, is not the salient point. The important take-away is that Mexico’s violence problem seems to permit the gunning down of women and children. The country is a violent, out of control hot mess.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8273 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
The important take-away is that Mexico’s violence problem seems to permit the gunning down of women and children. The country is a violent, out of control hot mess.

That is no surprise - thousands of Mexican women and children are killed every year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump: “A wonderful family and friends from Utah got caught between two vicious drug cartels, who were shooting at each other, with the result being many great American people killed, including young children, and some missing. If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively. The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!“

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
..and in other news, Mexico has such strict gun control laws that only criminals can get arms, which they do - buying from all over the world including rocket propelled grenades from the middle east.

The laws have been getting more and more draconian, and the violence still increases.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Build two walls. Stay out of Mexico.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2281 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:
The LeBaron name is very common among the fundamental churches that are not a part of what people know as the LDS church. Basically I am referring to those who still practice polygamy. With the mention of 3 car caravans, and the number of people involved, I would bet that this is a large group of polygamist families living together on either a compound, or in a small polygamist community. I am not sure what Mexico's stance is on their religion, but I can't see it being too much of a priority for them.

I think it was Netflix that has a documentary on the family and they way they were battling the local cartels.

And George Romney (mitten's dad) lived there for a bit and mittens was born in Mexico

interesting movie..

"clear and present danger"....I thought of that book as soon as I heard the report on this today.

As much as I do not want to get "involved" in Mexico's current war....watching SOCOM unleashed on their asses would make me giggle

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

As much as I do not want to get "involved" in Mexico's current war....watching SOCOM unleashed on their asses would make me giggle

I so wish this would happen, as well as JDAMS on the leaders homes.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post