SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ring making video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring making video Login/Join 
Picture of JasonATI
posted
Saw this on another forum and thought it was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgnlbDVuPdg

Posts: 428 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought it was awesome! Thank you!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Very cool. The video production was as impressive as the ring making. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I do believe he has done that before...

Very zen-like and beautifully done editing.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
This jeweler has a very high skill set. Amazing video and awesome how he has overcome a big obstackle

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6005 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sweet deal

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any guesses on the total time that actually took?

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Amazing and beautiful ... but the brass will turn her finger green Roll Eyes

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Where does it say it’s brass? Looks like stainless steel to me.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your post. That was quite incredible, and like GaryBF said, from both perspectives - the video production and the ring making talent!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Where does it say it’s brass? Looks like stainless steel to me.

I don't think it said what the metal was, on my iPad and my work computer screen both, the nut and cap nut both had a yellowish look so I assumed brass ... stainless would make more sense, but that's not what it looks like to me ...

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think it said what the metal was, on my iPad and my work computer screen both, the nut and cap nut both had a yellowish look so I assumed brass ... stainless would make more sense, but that's not what it looks like to me ...

It's also entirely possible that he cast them out of gold. Wink

I have many friends in the jewelry business, several of which do custom work. I'm always amazed watching them work. I'm glad I watched the entire video because it answered my question of "why".

The entire time I'm wondering why he didn't just cast the ring from the beginning, as it would have been much faster and involved a lot less work. "Because I can" makes it that much more awesome.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
According to his website, they are brass :
https://pablocimadevila.patter...ted-from-2-brass-hex

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love watching a true craftsman work.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
That's impressive. My jeweler would say Why? but then that question was answered with the ringing of the bell.
Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
According to his website, they are brass :
https://pablocimadevila.patter...ted-from-2-brass-hex

So if it is from 2 Brass Hex Nuts, I'm pretty sure that its the only $9,412.87 ring that turns your finger green!

At that price, I think I'd go ahead and pop for gold ... at least.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
There are lots of amazing people out there!
Thanks for sharing.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I dont have the patience to shine my shoes, much less create something like that from Home Depot stock.

Thanks for sharing

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post