SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fishing near Branson, MO area- Input?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishing near Branson, MO area- Input? Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted
Family is going up to the area during the week of the 14th-18th. All the usual stuff (Silver Dollar City, etc), but I'm trying to set up a day to fish.

I'd love to find a guide who can take us and let me fly fish while my family fishes traditional tackle. I have waders but am willing to float a trip if the guide says that's better. Anyone know a guide or guide service who do good work and are reliable and reputable? I have been looking online but just don't know which reviews are real and which are fake. Any members up that way with good input?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are into fly fishing look up guides on lake Taneycomo. For regular tackle the next lake over is Table Rock.

Posts: 4010 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would call Lilleys Landing. They have guides for trout fishing Lake Taneycomo, but many also guide for bass on Table rock. Phil has a resort and marina on Taneycomo. You can check out some of their One Cast videos. You’d be hard pressed to find a better operation.

Posts: 283 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. My concern was finding someone who'd be happy to have both traditional and fly fishers in the same group. I will look into Lilley's Landing. Happy to take all the help I can get.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
Not a fisherman but real about great fishing all over. Some the best salmon/ fly fishing google cotter, AR 2 hour drive from Branson.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post